Export thread

Im struggling to decide which zero turn to buy...

E

eracer76

So, I just sold my old 2011 Exmark Quest w/50" stamped deck and Kawasaki engine and now I can't decide what to replace it with... I'm looking for a used mower again for around $3k, and with a lot of searching online within a 100 mile radius, here are my options so far...

2016 Hustler Raptor SD 54" deck, Kawasaki w/98 hours, like brand new condition

Not sure of year, Kubota Z122ebr 48" deck, Briggs, w/145 hours, like new condition

2015 John Deere Z445 54" deck, Kawasaki w/415 hours, but its in great condition

2015 John Deere Z665 54" deck, not sure of engine, 4xx hours, nice condition

2012 Toro Titan 50" deck, Briggs w/152 hours, in like new condition

2017 Ferris 400s 48" deck, Briggs w/68 hours, like brand new... but its quite a bit more then I have to spend :(

Other then the Ferris at $3900, they are all right around $3k or less, so I'm having a hard time deciding which mower is the best deal and would last the longest... I like the beefiness of the Hustler SD with its big and fat front and rear tires and Kawasaki... I like the Kubota except the tiny front tires and Briggs engine... I like the John Deeres because I've had one in the past, but their reps don't seem to be that good?... The Toro Titan looks very similar to the Quest I just sold, so I probably can't go wrong there, but it does have a Briggs... And then there is the Ferris, who doesn't like a Ferris, even though it has small front tires and a Briggs...

Are the Briggs engines really ok, or should I stick with another Kawasaki?
What to do, what to do? lol

C

cruzenmike

If I remember correctly, the Quest is probably similar to a Toro Timecutter SS. 2011 is not that old of a machine and considering that you would be replacing it with a machine that has no more power, same size deck and arguably inferior engine, there must have been some reason for you unloading it?

My recommendation would be to go with a brand new Cub Cadet ZT2. It has a 23hp Kawasaki engine, 50" fabricated deck, foot lift assist for the deck, wide tires, Hydro-Gear 2800 hydrostatics and some other nice "premium" features. Plus, the MSRP is only $3699 which means that you might even be able to get it cheaper. It is the best bang for the buck in a new ZTR and considering what you are looking at used, this might be a good alternative and it has 3 years of warranty to boot.

D

Darryl G

The older Quests had the HG 2100 EZT which was a weak point.

My cousin up north has the Hustler SD w/Kawasaki & he loves it. Just saying..

I tested a Toro Titan, it had a Kohler, my impression was it was under powered & you sat too high.

E

EricC

I have a Raptor SD 48" deck with the 23HP Kawi , so it has the slightly smaller tires, but I really liked it. It's also for sale BTW LOL as I just bought the lot next door and with 2 acres and a decent hill I wanted something a little bigger so I got a commercial weight mower. If there wasn't that hill I think it this mower would go a long time for me.

E

eracer76

Thanks everyone...

I ended up driving 2 hours one way to go check out the used Hustler, and right as I was about to buy it, I saw they had a brand new 2018 Raptor SD 54" on their showroom floor and I couldn't resist :laughing:

I got it with an additional 1 year warranty, making it a 4 year warranty, and the optional engine guard for $3,560... So I think I did pretty good :smile:

C

cruzenmike

Thanks everyone...

I ended up driving 2 hours one way to go check out the used Hustler, and right as I was about to buy it, I saw they had a brand new 2018 Raptor SD 54" on their showroom floor and I couldn't resist :laughing:

I got it with an additional 1 year warranty, making it a 4 year warranty, and the optional engine guard for $3,560... So I think I did pretty good :smile:

Congrats. On the 2018 did they already update the deck opening? Hustler Turf made a change in the SD model to help improve clippings dispersal. If are not sure, just be sure to ask your dealer.

:thumbsup: Congrats !!!