Export thread

ignition coil for homelite, toro etc.

matt man

matt man

I have a repair job on a toro line trimmer. and I went by the part number, and nothing, then I went for look a likes, what I found was a whole bunch of them that look exactly alike, but different part numbers, some of the numbers are 290178003, 290178006, 2917801, Price vary s too, from $20 to $60 http://www.ereplacementparts.com/images/part_p_1527436_403457886.gif, I was wondering if they are all the same, shape, size, would they have the same firing sequence :confused2: my part no, is 290190002

BlazNT

BlazNT

There is not a fireing order on a single cylinder. What you have to worry about is enough or to much spark. Model number of what you are working on.

M

motoman

From some experience (limited)and reading on coils it would seem if the coil bolts up properly and is the same configuration is should work. What is happening (per B&S Magnetron style) is that as the magnet passes the leading edge it turns on a transistor whose output is routed to a 2nd transistor where its output is much higher and is fed to the coil windings for further boost. All in a few thousandths of a second. (no points). Just what you were asking, right?:thumbsup: