Export thread

I own a Sabre 1338GS lawn tractor, I need to know how to repair brake and clutch

E

ed7oh

Hello; I am having trouble with my Sabre lawn tractor, when I let the engine run in either possition fast or idle I smell burning rubber and my brake stopped working and will not stop my tractor, plus I have noticed that my speed of the tractor has decreased in all gears, 3rd gear is like 1st gear use to be as for speed, I believe that the clutch or if it has a belt is going bad and I need info on how to repair these issues? How to adjust the brake pedel or how to repair or replace the belt or clutch, which I pray it is only the belt, I will have to turn the tractor over to see what is under the tractor, how do I remove the mower housing from the tractor? I have no manual I bought this years ago off a home owner that didn't have the manual and I can't find one that matches my tractor on the internet! so if anyone can help that would be great, I am good as a mechanic but need the know hows, better with autos than these little engines. thanks Ed7oh

K

KennyV

Hello Ed ... It looks like you can order all your manuals in CD form from your JD dealer or at
John Deere Ag - New Equipment: Technical Publications - Publications Search
That is an out of production mower but should use common off the shelf belts and most parts..
:smile:KennyV

E

eagle927

Ed try clicking on the link below you will find it very helpful.:smile:

John Deere - Parts Catalog

Briana

Briana

Hey there - WELCOME to LMF! :smile:

I moved your thread to the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum. You'll get a better response there. :thumbsup:

T

taxidermist

Sounds like you need a new drive belt.

Rob