I need some help from you guys where it gets really cold.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / I need some help from you guys where it gets really cold.
Starting fluid got a bad name in the earlier years because it washed out the lubricant from the cylinder walls which caused problems. They have since put a additive in starting fluid to prevent that. If you get a good brain name it doesn't hurt a thing but help start your equipment. All you should need is a small spray pass the air cleaner. I sure would use starting fluid over carburetor cleaner because then you are washing out the lubricant from the cylinder walls.
I bought a can yesterday. Sprayed both blowers. Both started first pull.

Flintmotorsports

Threads
You could also get a heat gun and heat the head and block for a few minutes to put some heat in the motor
so it will start easier I try to stay away from starting fluid in the dead of winter my poulan pro leaf blower starts up
with 4 pulls and about 0 Degrees or a little above I use it to clean a dusting of snow off walk ways I have used it for 2
years in the winter and have never had to heat the block or use starting fluid

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
You could also get a heat gun and heat the head and block for a few minutes to put some heat in the motor
so it will start easier I try to stay away from starting fluid in the dead of winter my poulan pro leaf blower starts up
with 4 pulls and about 0 Degrees or a little above I use it to clean a dusting of snow off walk ways I have used it for 2

That's a lot of work..

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads

I guess that sounds good but in our real world situation I don't see us doing that unless there is no other way around it.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I guess that sounds good but in our real world situation I don't see us doing that unless there is no other way adjunct it.

Today was 10 degrees everything started fine 5 primes choke and pull till start. Then hold full throttle and flip the choke switch on and off a few times

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
In the low 30s everything starts fine but the toro.

Dang briggs will not crank without a jump start when it's cold out.
Even with a 410 cranking amp battery.

X-man

Threads
14 with a wind chill of -1 today :/

Everything usually starts just fine for me no matter what the temperature is. Sometimes my tractor can be reluctant but it usually fires right up.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
17 with a wind chill of stay in the house

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Too bad that's easier said than done. Lol.

Got to my first yard and blower and trimmer started on second pull.
Toro was a no start even with jumper cables the engine would not turn over.