Export thread

I NEED HELP WITH TROY BILT TILLER

S

shillnav

Am working on an older Troy Bilt Pony tiller. I want to make sure that parts are available before I start tearing into this thing. I'm looking at replacing the oil seals on the shaft at a minimum. Possibly gear, etc, in the transmission.

I've spent a lot of time trying to confirm or find a model number so I can find a service manual, parts, etc.

Just got off the phone with Troy Bilt, the numbers I gave them were not model numbers and they couldn't help me

Here's the only numbers I can find.

On top of the tiller frame - 20512CT BF1

On the side of the tiller frame - 205080T BF2

The date of manufacture is stamped 9/82

Sticker on the back says Serial number S102723

The engine is not the original engine but is 135292, 1070 E1, 990119yb

R

Rivets

I am also having trouble finding that number. To my understanding parts should still be avaiable if we can get part numbers. You might try this website.

troybilttillerclub : TROY BILT TILLER CLUB - A place to exchange repair and parts Information

S

shillnav

Rivets, I just went to a local parts place here, gave them the numbers I had, they looked it up and said to use Model #20594. and they considered it a Pony III. Link is below, go to owners section, enter that model number and you can get the owners manual and the parts manual. I just got 'em and it looks like the right stuff..............

They didn't understand why Troy Bilt tech people couldn't have come up with that......... Who knows???

Lawn Care Products: Lawn Care Equipment from Troy-Bilt®

S

shillnav

I wanted to make sure I could get a manual and get parts before I tore it down. They told me parts were not a problem.

BustedKnuckles

BustedKnuckles

MTD bought Troy-Bilt years ago so try their website for a manual.

I

ILENGINE

Rivets, I just went to a local parts place here, gave them the numbers I had, they looked it up and said to use Model #20594. and they considered it a Pony III. Link is below, go to owners section, enter that model number and you can get the owners manual and the parts manual. I just got 'em and it looks like the right stuff..............

They didn't understand why Troy Bilt tech people couldn't have come up with that......... Who knows???

Lawn Care Products: Lawn Care Equipment from Troy-Biltョ

Because the tech people that work in the office don't have a clue, on how to get around partial or incomplete info.