Mower News I love my TroyBilt Bronco!!!

InfinityMower

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've had my Bronco for well over a year, and i'm constantly amazed at how strong it is!!! I live on a 2-acre plot, and i also have another 2-acre plot to cut, which means, all in all, i cut 4 acres. One of those acres had become so overgrown, i had to ask my brother-in-law to cut it down a little with his big tractor, which he did a couple of weeks ago. A few days a week i started to rake it little by little, but it was taking too long to rake all the grass and find places to throw the trimmings. So, today, after work when i came home, i decided to cut the whole thing with my Bronco.

I got quite worried, cos i had tried to do that before, and the grass was so thick that it killed the motor. That was about the same time my brother-in-law cut the grass, cos it was still wet. But today was the day that i was going to cut that grass. It strained the motor a little bit a few times, but i took it slow, and after about an hour or so, i finished cutting the grass!!! I was so amazed at how my Bronco was, considering how thick the grass was. So now i'm going to be able to keep it down from now on. I'm going to give it a week or so to completely dry off.

gfp55

Threads
Sounds like you gave the Bronco a good work out. If you can keep a head of it your Bronco won't have to work so hard. Good Luck

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is the Bronco a rototiller, or a mower?

gfp55

Threads
Is the Bronco a rototiller, or a mower?
The name Bronco is used for both the Troy Bilt tiller and Troy Bilt mower. The Bronco mower is upgrade to the Pony.

icon2000

Threads
I did also until yesterday I turned the key and heard a wire popping sound and then smoke from under the seat and when the smoke settle both sides of battery wires were fried to a crisp!! Even the negative Battery post had melted. Not sure if I. Still love it.

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
I wanted to buy a Bronco last year but I bought a Scag Turf Tiger.

icon2000

Threads
IMG-20130516-00117.jpgIMG-20130516-00117.jpgWell just got word the Bronco might survive the shortage and burn out! My mechanic said looks like it stopped at the selinod, so we will replace and replace both battery cables and see what we get. The negative Battery post also melted. Don't no what can be done about that really hurts battery was brand new $50 gone up in smoke I guess.
So here's my back up got a 12.5 flat head 38 deck. And it want stop its the true energizer mower it never ceases to amaze me. Took cover off put in a new cheap battery from Walmart and she fired right up!!

Last edited:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Very happy to hear that.