I love it!

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
This morning the sun was shining, the grass needed mowed, and I had the brand new Mountfield SP414 in the shed that I'd never even started up yet...

So, I got the mower out the shed, filled the tank up with fresh unleaded, and filled the engine up to just under the MAX mark with 10W40 oil, pumped the primer bulb a few times, and after a few pulls of the starter rope, she fired up and ran smooth!

After letting it warm up for a minute, I engaged the self propel and mowed the back lawn, thanking myself for spending the extra money on the self propelled model, which makes mowing much easier (especially because I have a bad back that gets quite painful when having to push a mower).

After finishing the back lawn, and admiring how good a finish it'd made (better than any other mower I've ever owned), shut the engine off, went to the front, and with one pull the engine fired up again.

Within about 10 minutes the front lawn was done, so I shut the engine off, took the mower to the back, brushed the grass off the top of the mower (it was blowing around a lot since I don't use the grass collection bag), put it away in the shed, and I was done!

All I can say is, Mountfield rocks!! :biggrin:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
"All I can say is, Mountfield rocks !! "

If you love it, Don't mow rocks with it ! :eek: :rolleyes:

Glad you love your machine - Hope you love it as much as I love my Ventrac when you have had it as long !!!!! :thumbsup:

I also liked their articulated riders ! :smile:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Glad you are happy with your new mower, one query though...

"100 cc, 2.6 hp"....and it's self propelled? My self propelled walk behind mowers are 173cc and 190cc, and they have a 22 inch cut. What is your cutting width? 100cc seems marginal for a SP mower.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Glad you are happy with your new mower, one query though...

"100 cc, 2.6 hp"....and it's self propelled? My self propelled walk behind mowers are 173cc and 190cc, and they have a 22 inch cut. What is your cutting width? 100cc seems marginal for a SP mower.
Yep, 100CC 2.6HP Self Propelled. It has a 39CM cutting width.

Jetblast

Threads
It's nice to hear that things are going your way this time. Love the poly deck. Light, strong, and will still look perfect 100 years from now. :smile: (You might want to recycle that when the motor's done!)

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
It's nice to hear that things are going your way this time. Love the poly deck. Light, strong, and will still look perfect 100 years from now. :smile: (You might want to recycle that when the motor's done!)
Yeah, after the last mower, I had lost faith really. But the Mountfield has really restored my faith in gas mowers!