I got my NEW (To Me) ZD326S home

Fatdaddy

Threads
Now guys this is LONG telling you about my trip. I swear its all the truth..
Just over look my bad spelling

This a mower I followed on Ebay ZD326S Desiel. It did not sell bid stopped at $7200
no reserve meet so no sale.. Few days later I talk to the owner find out about it.
He has a New Holland place in Ind.. He sells Kubotas, Dixie Chippers, (buddy at work has one I piss him off calling it a chipper, i got a Ex mar) . Tells me he sold it new to man for his wife to mow on the farm around the house.. Turns out she did not like it to much, he keeps a few years he buys a zero turn with a wheel.. I never seen one of those.. Ok after about 2 weeks we settle 8200..
He says he has a son going to Desiel school in Nashville he can bring it I pick it up there..
i say Ok but few days later call him back.. $8,000 I come get it.. Ok DEAL
I had been picking Kenny V brain on here. I found he is pretty smark and knows a lot..
we been mailing back and forth a bit. So I thought it was a OK deal..

I made the 5 hr trip to Ind I pulled my trailer behind my 2010 Avalanch on the trip. Work days I pull trailer behind my rusted out 2005 z71. I got off from work 7am Thursday morn I sleep to noon get up hook up and leave. I'm connecting the tralier to the Ava I break the wires...It was about 4" short to the plug connect I pulled hard and SNAP!!
Hell with it I'm going.. I had everything to splice it but TIME. Ok 4hrs 45 min Im there I get there about 6pm.

Heck with these high dollar motels so I get a First 48 motel room. I brought my pistol check in
Not to bad, not to good. $29.50 a night hell I will rest good. Ok by now its going around 7pm
time to suck down a few cold beers.. I want a old bar pretty close Im pulling a trailer with NO LIGHTS..Found bar pretty nice old bar, a few bikers and thugs. One hot azz gal in there showing some skin a few tatoos on her but fine to look at.. I sit at the bar no mic ultras so I get a Bud fire up my cigar and all is well..
I have sucked down 3 pretty quick, I'm thinking yea its getting dark out fact it is dark 8:30.
I took a back way off the highway and felt pretty good going back..
I get back fine.. I go to my room pretty quite, a door is open at end of the building some sitting around drinking smoking some weed..
i go in the room. I always bring a sheet to throw over the bed and my own pillow.
I have my pistol in pillow. Boys I'm 58 years old and been around a bit.. Also i got one of them door jams you wedge to the door handle to the floor..I use to give them to my girl when she was in Med school in Memphis..

Ok rise and shine im up at 6am all well hell you think $30 they would have some kind of breakfast.
nope they aint got nothing.. Man at the tractor place told me he would be there by 8am but Dave would be there at 7:15 I could load up.. I hit a Huddle house eggs, waffel mess of bacon coffee good to go.. Im at the tractor place at 6:45.. So I wire the wires back up.. I had a 4' strand of 4 wires i put in my box.. I got a tool box on the front of my trailer loaded with tools.. So I splice em up..
start up the truck put on my left signal NOTHING, sheet put on the right and its working..

I got it all hooked up right or thought I did.. I did not check the brakes by then guys were coming
I was ready to go...( I go in the plant tonight Friday night at 7pm as Im here right now typeing this so Mill is down) Plan is get back
to my town in Tenn around 12 or so.. Go to my CHURCH and start cutting with my new mower..
Ok I test drive and the DANG,, these levers are SO HARD TO PUSH!! Jezzz owner told me a woman use this on her farm and did not like, BOB tractor man had sold it to her.. No wonder she did not like it.. It was HARD to turn and go.. My Exmark is like power steering.. Anway I do some mowing around the place, had to learn how to raise/set the deck. What I don't like is the dang BRAKE you got to press with one foot and lock witht he other. My exmark you brake to pull a lever back and push to release...OK enough i will take it 163hrs same as on ad. I got a tilt trailer I load and it sits futher up than my Ex.. I know( you compareing to you ex why buy another).. Well i wanted the desiel..
Ok Im OFF back to TENNESSEE by now about 8:30am..

Im booking been on the road about 20 min I look in the mirror and my gosh the LAW.. Indy State Trooper.. Sheeet I put on my RIGHT blinker that I know works.. Lord I hope i got break lights..
He walks up the the truck, grins a bit and says were you going in such a hurry. I tell him Im from Tennesse and done bought this mower to mow my church yard and i show him reciept. He looks at it. I tell him first time I been here and some places its 70 and I guess this is not one of them.
He laughs a bit and says yea you were doing 71 in a 60.. I said O me I guilty do what you have to do..
He say yea on the interstates is 70 but this parkway is 60.. I said will now I now my bad..
he ask for Id takes it back to his car. I said you want the registration he said no.
So I'm thinking I might get lucky here.. Last he said are you a preacher, I grinned and said AMEN..
I said no i just been mowing at my church the last few years and do all the maintenance there.
My family been going there a long time. We have about 10 acres i cut every week..

He sits in his car about 10 min gets out with 1 peice of paper and I said thank you lord I belive..
He says David I'm giving you a warning ticket you slow it down and have a good day...
Yaahooo.. Telling you I can talk my way out of a TICKET. Makes my daughter mad, she got a ticket last month.. I always tell her you need to smile at him pucker up a little look good...Girl is 6'4 got a set of legs on her. I tell her baby use what you got... i swear I mailed the ticket to her today..

Ok i get home and where do I go to church, i call wife she about mad I have not been home in 4 nights and here im working the next 3 here.. l let her know.. OK I ASK HER baby I want to got see how it does.. She is doll had her 34years she knows me by now.. Plus she going to Nashville shopping with our daughter and wants some money to spend.$300 at that.. Dang our daughter makes more money than I do and were paying.. It don't end..

I go mowing and man it is so hard to drive.. My lines are crooked cause you can't keep it straight.
after a while I feel it out and they look straight but I got to fix that.. And gosh boys I'm 6'5 and them levers are way to low. I got to streatch my legs out all the way. What i do really like is the deck raise up and down with the peddles.. I have lots of curbs I go over.
I raise right up when I go over.. One time I was mowing 5 min and notice sure don't look like a good cut...
LOWER the deck FOOL.. o yea..

ok so tell me HOW DO I make them levers no so tight/hard to push.
i saw were I can adjust the motion control levers up (higher) one notch by loosen and move the bolts up a notch..

I know this was WAY LONG but I'm at work and were slow mill is down..

Last edited:

Fatdaddy

Threads
This owners manual is something else, it sure tells you about this mower.
I got to thinking this being new to me I need to change alot of stuff.
Oil, blades, it says change Gear box oil at 150hrs so Id say that has not been done.
That is 90wt gear oil, motor oil says 10w30 or 15w40..
It says OIL the throttle cable I guess with wd40 spray it?/
Now the Front Axle play don't quite sink in on what were doing there.
Somebody fill me on that one..

am i reading right is says greese every 50hrs.. I do ever other few days on my exmark.
surely that means something else... I sure found where the alimites are

The tight motion control levers is something else, says to jack it up take off the wheels.
then adjust and retighten?? I might get some help on that to..

The anti scalp rollers, says they not suppose to be touching ground. Well mine are touching.
when you change height you have to move them up or down?

Now you folks jump in here and say something, you know something tell me.
Nobody says much you just read and say dang he is sure full of it..

Last edited:

scott47429

Threads
well sounds like you had quite the trip but all turned out good it sounds like I'm sure you will get it all set up the way you like it i know it took me 3 weeks to get my exmark set up and paint touched up and cleaned and serviced the way i wanted it to be now i love it I'm not sure how to adjust the levers on that so I'm not going to be much help there but i will say the anti scalp rollers when the deck is down to the hight you want to mow at on a flat level surface they should be 1/4 -3/8 of a inch off the ground i hope this helps you and good luck

Fatdaddy

Threads
It will take a bit to get it right, I took off the screen over the cooler and it was as caked dirt all over i t
the cooler was caked on dirt... The back rollers don't touch the ground the front do touch and roll all the time..

NOW I got to get the EX mark clean up to sale.