Hydro noise on husky rider

Swkoch

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am new to the forum so please forgive me for asking a dumb question. I just bought a used 46 inch husky rider and the hydro makes a lot of noise. When I depress the clutch/break the noise stops. When I release the clutch/break sounds like a bearing is out on an idler. When driving forward or reverse the noise is the same. I do not know how the hydro works on this mower. Please give me some things to look at.
The mower has 275 hours and not sure what kind of care or service this mower had. I bought it on an auction and tried to run up the price so some one would not steal the mower, it's a family thing. Want to get the mower in good shape to resell or replace my current mower.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Welcome to these Forums...
The Husky riding mower is in the lower end of riding mowers... There was a variable speed pulley on some... also hydro models.
In any case look under it and follow the belts check all pulleys. good luck & post back with what you find... :smile:KennyV

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am new to the forum so please forgive me for asking a dumb question. I just bought a used 46 inch husky rider and the hydro makes a lot of noise. When I depress the clutch/break the noise stops. When I release the clutch/break sounds like a bearing is out on an idler. When driving forward or reverse the noise is the same. I do not know how the hydro works on this mower. Please give me some things to look at.
The mower has 275 hours and not sure what kind of care or service this mower had. I bought it on an auction and tried to run up the price so some one would not steal the mower, it's a family thing. Want to get the mower in good shape to resell or replace my current mower.

Please be specific as to whether you have a "Husky" or "Husqvarna" mower(and model#/serial# would assist others trying to help). The Husky(as pointed out by user KennyV) is a very basic residential mower whereas the Husqvarna is a much better built machine.