Hydro Gear 318-0610

jmv

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Husqvarna GTH26K54T with a 199650, 318=0610 Hydro Gear transaxle. Is there any othe Hydro Gear transaxles that will fit up or do I have to find the exact replacement? I've already rebuilt the entire rear frame on this tractor because of the beating it takes on our ground. I dont want to throw a pile of money at it but I would like to put a new/used transaxle back int.

phcaan

Threads
I have a Husqvarna GTH26K54T with a 199650, 318=0610 Hydro Gear transaxle. Is there any othe Hydro Gear transaxles that will fit up or do I have to find the exact replacement? I've already rebuilt the entire rear frame on this tractor because of the beating it takes on our ground. I dont want to throw a pile of money at it but I would like to put a new/used transaxle back int.
You can find a PDF manual for this transmission at http://www.hydro-gear.com/Main/docs/service-repair-manuals/310-0510.pdf it looks like a decent serviceable transmission to me.
My unit is a GT and has the G7 hydrogear and it has the 1" axles so it is a little more heavy duty than yours.
You have a serviceable transmission which puts you way ahead of the poor guys who have the "factory sealed" units. Good luck with you repair.