Repairs Hydraulic problem

Coinhunter

Forum Newbie
Threads
I own a Snapper Model 5091000 ZT18440KH Fast Cut HYDRO DRIVE ZTR. I think my right side pump needs to be rebuilt. I am not sure so I thought if I gave you the symptoms you might be able to steer me in the correct direction. When I try to go forward uphill the left side overpowers the right causing it to skew to the right. I have to compensate by reducing the pressure on the left pump. When I do this it just barely climbs the hill. If I try to mow on the side of the hill I am constantly having to do the same thing. Feather the left control stick to allow the right to keep up. I know just enough about hydraulics to be dangerous, but I am quite competent on mechanical skills of tearing things apart, repairing them and then putting all back together. Most times I only have 1 or 2 nuts or bolts etc. left over. Honestly, I looked at the exploded view of my pump PG-1KQQ-DW1X-XXXX and found a seal repair kit. When I think of a seal it is to prevent fluid from leaking out of an object. If there are seals internal to this pump that are allowing fluid to leak past causing the loss of pump performance then this is probably what I need. Will replacing the seals do the trick? I am also planning on changing the filters and possibly the fluid depending upon your suggestions.

Thank you very much for your assistance,

Coinhunter

fuzz

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Coinhunter,

I have the same mower and the same problem. It's my left side that is losing power. How did you resolve your issue ? Would appreciate your help.

fuzz
panama city, fl