Hustler SD 48 Engine Guard Issue

Missouri Bushwhacker

Forum Newbie
Threads
Howdy. New to forum. Going to pick up new machine tomorrow. Dealer called to tell me that he cant get bagger on with the engine guard installed. Does everyone hve to remove the optional engine gurad in order to use the bagger? If so then BS!

Missouri Bushwhacker

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just got off the phone with tech service and yes it is true. Engine guard and bagger don't work at same time. THis sucks. I don't even have the mower yet and not happy.
t

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just got off the phone with tech service and yes it is true. Engine guard and bagger don't work at same time. THis sucks. I don't even have the mower yet and not happy.
t

Just about any sales contract can be canceled by the purchaser within a reasonable amount of time. If you're not happy.....call the dealer and cancel the purchase.

specman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just about any sales contract can be canceled by the purchaser within a reasonable amount of time. If you're not happy.....call the dealer and cancel the purchase.
Call Gravely and ask them if both can be used on their equipment.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Call Gravely and ask them if both can be used on their equipment.

I'm not much on bagger systems and prefer a mulch kit for dealing with grass clippings, si I don't know if all of them require removing the engine guard to install a bagger. Do you know of other brand ZTR's that don't require the engine guard to be removed?? . I do know that Gravely offers a 3-Bag/9-Bushel Powered Bagger and a 2-Bag/6-Bushel Non-Powered Bagger for their Residential ZTR's. Are you planning on using the bagger full time or will you be removing it at times(that would be the only time you would need to be concerned with the engine guard being removed)? If you are canceling the Hustler purchase and want to check with Gravely about their bagger systems, here's a link to their Customer Support where you can ask them about the engine guard:

Support Home Page