Hustler Raptor SD 54" Pricing, where to buy from

ssj_chris

Forum Newbie
Threads
I live in Central PA, around Harrisburg. The nearest dealer seems very nice and knowledgeable, however won't budge on price $3999.99 + $60-$75 to deliver.
Does anyone have any dealer recommendations or online sites that would save me a little $$. The difference in final OTD price is about $500 from dealer vs Big Box store with a 10% off coupon.
What did you all pay and who did you buy from?

Rail5042

Threads
I paid 3999.99 plus tax. IMO if you are going to spend that kind of money give or take the 10% discount. You want to go some place that will service and back what they sell. Side note if you have to spend 60-75 each time you have move it. That could get a little expensive quick. I have always had a truck but when I bought mine I picked up a 6x10 trailer. I think I have got more use out of the trailer. Wish I would have got one a long time ago.

ssj_chris

Forum Newbie
Threads
They are about 25 miles away, so maybe a trailer might not be such a bad idea either. Just finding it hard to jump over that $500 hurdle...
In the long run if I bought it at a box store the dealer will make more money on the servicing then on the sale of the mower.

whelch1

Threads
I thought about buying a raptor sd from lowes but like others have said I wanted the support from a dealer. Also the dealer will likely offer 48 months 0% financing. Use their money and make interest off of yours, that will make some of that $500 back.

akcooper9

Threads
When I bought mine, I called my local dealer and told him what I wanted. Said I know the box stores just want a 'sale' and that he was getting hosed on the 10%. I told my dealer (ask if you will) that I wanted the mower, heat shield and mower guard and only some of the 10% we meet at a few hundred below MSRP OTD (tax exmpt) IMHO it was a win win.

Everything in life is negotiable. Just have to be reasonable.

Nutcase2be

Forum Newbie
Threads
Paid the $3899 from a dealer, bought the mower and the bagger. He threw in a spare set of blades and oil filter and delivered it for free.:thumbsup: I wish they would figure out a way to put an engine guard on with the bagger. :frown:

sotxmatt

Forum Newbie
Threads
Paid the $3899 from a dealer, bought the mower and the bagger. He threw in a spare set of blades and oil filter and delivered it for free.:thumbsup: I wish they would figure out a way to put an engine guard on with the bagger. :frown:

I just bought my RSD 54 from lowes. Asked for a 10% coupon online, received it in a few days. Staples had lowes gift $100 gift cards for $85, bought 1500 worth of those. Then I went to those gift card discount sites online and bought the rest for around 10% off. In the end I calculated my price to be $3150 plus tax. I paid out of pocket after tax $3402. Lowes gave me free shipping on top of that with there promotion going on right now with free shipping on all riding mowers. Raise.com has lowes discount cards right now for around 7-10% Keep your eye out on slick deal they post all of lowes specials that sometimes offer the gift cards at up to 20% off.

Didn't have the option to by from a dealer, closest one is almost 50 miles away and they lacked knowledge on the sd54 with the engine guard. The manager was surprised when I was ordering the guard, he thought I got ripped off because he said it came with it. after a lengthy conversation where I walked him through what was standard and options and gave him the part number he finally understood.