Export thread

Hustler Raptor Limited 52" Deck Adjsutment

B

braves9822

I recently got me a Hustler Raptor Limited 52" mower. I love it. I cut my yard for the 1st time and it looked great. But looking at it closely, I noticed that at the lowest level "A", it was not cutting as low as my other riding mower. Is there a way to adjust the deck to where the height adjustments are .5" lower? where the lowest "A" is at 1.0" not at "1.5"?

K

kraky

Seems like adjusting your mower deck should be all laid out in the owner's manual I know it is on my raptor SD 54

D

DJ660

Mower deck is a fixed mount on discharge side and adjustable on trim side. The only thing you can do is level adjustable side to fixed side. Whatever height that is is all the lower it will go.

D

Doug44

I recently got me a Hustler Raptor Limited 52" mower. I love it. I cut my yard for the 1st time and it looked great. But looking at it closely, I noticed that at the lowest level "A", it was not cutting as low as my other riding mower. Is there a way to adjust the deck to where the height adjustments are .5" lower? where the lowest "A" is at 1.0" not at "1.5"?

Beyond me why anyone would want to mow @ 1.5 inches let alone lower ??? Bad bad bad on the lawn not to mention :thumbdown:your mower.

G

gasjr4wd

Beyond me why anyone would want to mow @ 1.5 inches let alone lower ??? Bad bad bad on the lawn not to mention :thumbdown:your mower.

what he said...
just paint the dirt green. :confused2:

B

bertsmobile1

Anything less than 2" is what reel / drum/ barrel / fairway mowers are designed for and you need to be growing the right kind of grass to be cut that short.

The only rotary ride on that works well at that height are the articulated rider pros with the timed blades.

1slow5point0h

1slow5point0h

Move the anti-scalping wheels up into the top hole on the deck. That's what I did to get mine as close to the ground as possible.

C

cruzenmike

Have you checked/adjusted the tire pressure? That will give you a little bit of adjustment as well, but be careful not to over or under-inflate them. Out of curiosity, which engine do you have?

RDA.Lawns

RDA.Lawns

Why would you cut your grass at even 2 inches? 3 to 3.5 inches is where I mow everything.

RDA.Lawns

RDA.Lawns

And why are we digging old threads up?

G

gasjr4wd

And why are we digging old threads up?

One reason old threads are kept alive...
Because smart people read threads with the questions already asked and answered rather than ask the same thing over and over and over and over and over.
But for this thread... IDK. Way, way too short to cut anything. OP could just get a horse or two. They will eat it down to the dirt by winter. :licking:
I know for a fact... I've got 3 acres in the back that haven't been cut in years.

Mr. Mower

Mr. Mower

One reason old threads are kept alive...
Because smart people read threads with the questions already asked and answered rather than ask the same thing over and over and over and over and over.

"THANK YOU" sir.....for pointing this out. I couldn't of stated this better myself. It appears as though some find it hard to comprehend this.

As for the original post (or even for those searching) if it is that critical an issue, instead of trying to lower the entire deck to your liking, why not just add washers to each of the blades to lower them a bit? I've seen this done on a Youtube video that was put up by Hustler (yes Hustler!) Corp. as demonstrated by one of their technicians.

RDA.Lawns

RDA.Lawns

adding washers under the blade isn't smart. In fact its stupid. The blade bolts may work loose . The blades have a chance of being out of center causing a vibration. That will destroy the bearing quickly. Cutting grass less than 2 inches is also STUPID!!!!!;

Mr. Mower

Mr. Mower

Unless you consider yourself an expert or know more than they do about their mower's, then I suggest that you call Hustler Corp. and let them know that "it's stupid" because they are the one's that suggest it.

Hey take whatever info that's posted here (or online for that matter) however you like for granted or not, it's just a suggestion (no matter how stupid you think it is).

C

carver

Might be because some of us are having the same problem. I just got a Hustler Raptor 60", and I can't figure out how to get the deck any lower than the last notch.

Mr. Mower

Mr. Mower

What does your Owners Manual say about how to go about lowering the deck on your mower?

Might be because some of us are having the same problem. I just got a Hustler Raptor 60", and I can't figure out how to get the deck any lower than the last notch.

G

gasjr4wd

What does your Owners Manual say about how to go about lowering the deck on your mower?

see, I don't understand why anyone would want to cut so short. it's not good for the grass. (lower? let some air out of the tires) (weld the washer to the blade then rebalance if so inclined)
I want to cut longer than the tallest setting. I'm looking for taller rear tires. :laughing: