Export thread

Hustler Raptor 52" Model # 933077 Deck Issue, Bolt/Mount Broke, Deck dropped.

smullen

smullen

Hello,

I have a Hustler Raptor 52" Model # 933077 with 23 HP Kawi engine.

I bought it from Lowe's maybe two years ago as I live in a rural area and we don't have a lot of options... Its either full on commercial place, Lowe's or Walmart...

Anyway, the mower has been pretty good, seems too use a lot of gas and spin out alot on any kind of incline, but other than that I enjoy using it.

My issue is, Saturday, when I was cutting the lawn, and the fron of the deck just dropped to the ground. Upon further inspection, the one single bolt that holds it deck up too the frame, seems to have just snapped off...

Its a strange bolt, kinda reminds me of a tuning fork... By that, I mean, it is a Threaded rod maybe 7-8" long, that has two flanges welded on the bottom, the top, used to go though a round bar part maybe an inch in diameter at most and that part went though a mount spot on the center of the deck. Anyway, the threaded rod, snapped and it now to short to go through that round bar part or I count maybe put another nut ant lock washer on it to put it back together...

Also, it looks like the round bar stock part that the bolt goes though was threaded at some point and the threads maybe worn or stripped out. The bolt's threads will not even attempt to bit onto the bars threads. I'm not sure they even did though.

I went and downloaded the parts manual PDF and I in the deck section, I can see where it connects/mounts to the frame and the deck, but it does not show or list my broken parts...

I've attached pic (or think I have, not familiar with this forum software), so someone might better see what I'm talking about...

MowerBolt01.jpg

MowerBolt02.jpg

MowerBolt03.jpg

Any ideas, how I might get new parts and what I'm looking at cost wise???

Lowe's is pretty useless in this, they don't service anything or sell much in parts for it....

BlazNT

BlazNT

Re: Hustler Raptor 52" Model # 933077 Deck Issue, Bolt/Mount Broke, Deck dropped.

121232 1 DECK PIVOT KIT 35.47 from Hustler.
http://www.hustlerlawnmowerparts.com/part-121232-kit-deck-pivot-hustler-genuine-part-number-121232/

smullen

smullen

Re: Hustler Raptor 52" Model # 933077 Deck Issue, Bolt/Mount Broke, Deck dropped.

Thank you for the info, is that both the bolt deal and the bar (if I'm calling it the right thing) it goes through on the bottom of the deck???

There were no pictures or real info on whats included on that page...

I tried calling them, but it went to VM..

BlazNT

BlazNT

It comes with everything in the picture minus the pin circled in blue.

So what is circled in blue connects to deck. Circled in red connects to frame and nut circled in green goes on threaded part to hold cylinder in place. It also levels deck from front to back. See owners manual. By the way the cylinder is not threaded it is adjustable for leveling.
hustler.jpg

smullen

smullen

It comes with everything in the picture minus the pin circled in blue.

So what is circled in blue connects to deck. Circled in red connects to frame and nut circled in green goes on threaded part to hold cylinder in place. It also levels deck from front to back. See owners manual. By the way the cylinder is not threaded it is adjustable for leveling.
View attachment 30174

Right on.. I'll get it ordered... thanks again!!!

smullen

smullen

Right on.. I'll get it ordered... thanks again!!!

***ETA*** Ordered...

Thanks again!

Scott M

G

gasjr4wd

or, if a neighbor has a little mig welder...
My mower is new... 1.5 weeks old. 5.3 hours...
-if this is how things are going to be going with this mower I'm going to start thinking how I do my truck. Rather than replace with same parts, replace with better/bigger parts.

smullen

smullen

or, if a neighbor has a little mig welder...
My mower is new... 1.5 weeks old. 5.3 hours...
-if this is how things are going to be going with this mower I'm going to start thinking how I do my truck. Rather than replace with same parts, replace with better/bigger parts.

Did yours break or have you had any issues with it???

I did get the parts in that I ordered, looks like the right stuff.. We were gone camping all this last weekend, hopefully, this weekend I can get to swapping the parts...

Thanks again to BlazNT for the help locating the correct parts and a link right too it... Can't ask for any better than that...

BlazNT

BlazNT

I did get the parts in that I ordered, looks like the right stuff.. We were gone camping all this last weekend, hopefully, this weekend I can get to swapping the parts...

Thanks again to BlazNT for the help locating the correct parts and a link right too it... Can't ask for any better than that...

Not a problem

G

gasjr4wd

Haven't broke anything yet. But there has been a few times it sounded like metal falling off when hitting car/truck ruts. I'll give it a quick look and it all looks good.
But I am def adding lights to it. (not their kit, my own led lights. had to finish in the dark.)

smullen

smullen

Another thing I'll warn about is the soft deck metal...

Twice now, either me or my G/F have been backing out of the shed and down a plywood ramp, when we did so, the decks seems to have gotten High centered (even in the all the way up position) and bent the round metal that the blades spin in.
Then when we turned on the blades, it clattered like all hell was breaking lose...

I had put it up on ramps and crawl under it with vice-grips and big pliers to bend the metal back out, so the blades would clear...

That was at the beginning of the summer, since then, I've been putting it in the garage to prevent that... I guess I need to build a better or not as steep ramp.
Its just a 4x8 sheet of plywood, cut down a bit, turned length ways and laid down so I can drive the Mower or ATV in and out of the shed.

I'm limited on ramp options as the dang shed doors hang down about 4" lower than the actual floor, I guess to help seal out the winter and look nicer too... Anyway, if I build a permanent ramp there, the sheds doors would hit when I open or close them... Thanks why I just lay that plywood in there till I get whatever in or out...

BlazNT

BlazNT

When I get home I will get you a couple of good pictures of what I did for my shed ramp.

smullen

smullen

When I get home I will get you a couple of good pictures of what I did for my shed ramp.

Thank ya again sir....

Dang this place is handy...

I've been on other forums where all they do is talk smack too or about each other.... This place is helpful and all about solutions!!!

Good folks from everything I see...

BlazNT

BlazNT

Oh we get some smack on here too but try to keep it to a minimum.

BlazNT

BlazNT

Sorry for the late post.
First I attached a straight ramp to the underneath of the shed drilled holes through the shed floor into the ramps 6" carrage bolts to attach.. I finished off with 3/4 treated plywood.
Shed 1.jpg
shed 2.jpg
shed 3.jpg

A

afdnjsl

I have the same mower. Same bolt broke. I found this thread looking for the same info you were looking for. Thanks for answering questions. I think Hustler has a bit of a design flaw here. It doesn't seem like this bolt should ever be a problem.

Mr. Mower

Mr. Mower

My owners manual informs the user to follow a daily or weekly checklist, to inspect, making sure that all hose's are tightly secured and all bolts are tightened.

Even though most us probably don't actually do this on either a daily or weekly basis, still it is good practice to at least give it consideration and perform this task at least once a month maybe?

You never know, you just might come across lose or un-tightened bolts, which over a period of time using the mower can happen.

On my old mower I experienced this first hand. From time to time I would find lose bolts, missing nut, etc., so I found this out first hand.

Over all, very good info here on Hustler mowers.

G

gasjr4wd

My owners manual informs the user to follow a daily or weekly checklist, to inspect, making sure that all hose's are tightly secured and all bolts are tightened.

Even though most us probably don't actually do this on either a daily or weekly basis, still it is good practice to at least give it consideration and perform this task at least once a month maybe?

You never know, you just might come across lose or un-tightened bolts, which over a period of time using the mower can happen.

On my old mower I experienced this first hand. From time to time I would find lose bolts, missing nut, etc., so I found this out first hand.

Over all, very good info here on Hustler mowers.

They also know a very small percent actually read and follow that advice. That is just the lawyers covering their a.
I've got seat arms that will not stay tight no matter what. Poor design. Tighten them up and they don't move. Then again, I think they are too low anyway but that's another story.

B

bh2o

Well, I found this forum because my deck bolt broke, too. Does anyone know if you can just purchase a bolt or if you have to get the whole deck pivot kit. I see Hustler has the kit online for $38.95. I'd rather not pay that much for complete kit when I just need the bolt.

I think I may need a support group for this mower. This is the 4th season I've it. Each year (in April), the drive belt breaks. It has broken 3 times! I contacted Hustler last time, and they spoke with the dealer and gave them a different fix for the belt. So, hopefully this year it won't break. Maybe, just maybe, this freaking bolt will be my only issue this year. I sure hope so!

Thanks for the information in this thread/ forum.
-Todd

G

Gvaguila

Thanks guys for all the great info, new to this forum. my deck bolt broke and i was under warranty but nearest dealer is 35 min away from my home and I had no real way to transport my mower. Ordered new deck bolt kit from the link that was on the forum and it got to me in 2 days. mower back up and running . that new part is alot more heavy duty, so hopefully wont have anymore issues with that breaking. Bought mower from Lowes and they wont touch it unless you bought extended warranty from them. Lowes you suck.

B

bmiller

Did you have any trouble installing it. I am trying to get a deck back on for my stepdad and cannot get enough forward movement of the deck to line up the front height adjuster thing you are fixing. Thinking about attaching the front adjuster then working the aft end of the mowing deck next. Just thought maybe one of the guys who helped you find the part may have installed one as well.

T

turboawd

Did you have any trouble installing it. I am trying to get a deck back on for my stepdad and cannot get enough forward movement of the deck to line up the front height adjuster thing you are fixing. Thinking about attaching the front adjuster then working the aft end of the mowing deck next. Just thought maybe one of the guys who helped you find the part may have installed one as well.

you need to set the deck on some blocks of wood (with deck high off ground). and lower the height handle all the way down. then you should be able to reattach the front bolt. that front bolt also levels the deck. make sure part of the bolt/threads didnt break off. you have the original nut?

G

gasjr4wd

Can you post a pict of the issue/exact bolt? It takes me about 1-2 minutes to take my deck off, maybe 2 minutes to put it back on. The more you do it the faster you get. it's really not hard.
If things dry out here I may cut mine and pull the deck to clean... If I think about it I'll do a vid of how I drop mine. One trick I did was lower the anti-scalp wheels. It makes it easier to R&R the deck.

rbsmith6

rbsmith6

Haven't broke anything yet. But there has been a few times it sounded like metal falling off when hitting car/truck ruts. I'll give it a quick look and it all looks good.
But I am def adding lights to it. (not their kit, my own led lights. had to finish in the dark.)

Here is what I did for lights.

Attachments

Mykey

Mykey

rbsmith6, I really like that light set up. Looks good! How do you have that wired up?

rbsmith6

rbsmith6

rbsmith6, I really like that light set up. Looks good! How do you have that wired up?

I ran a power wire from both lights to a switch mounted in the control panel. I got power from the orange wire at the key switch (only power when ignition is on run) Black or ground wire directly to battery. I used heavy duct tape for the wires to the inside of the frame.
I used this type switch no relay required.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Green-Light...ash=item3d30297c0e:g:Aa0AAOSw9IpXykOG&vxp=mtr

mhavanti

mhavanti

This helps slow the roll on deck lift bolt breakage somewhat. Not a cure, however, does help stop the bolt head from so much movement.

https://youtu.be/ohVGjmxlyls