Export thread

Hustler Rapter sd 54

M

michigan_Rapter sd

Just got the new mower this week to replace a Cub Cadet RZT50 - - love it on the first mowing but the one thing I couldn't get by was the decal for height in letters - being a signmaker I had to rectify that one right away]
P4230021c_zpsyxcueqol.jpg

Attachments

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

Nice decal! :cool: I've made decals in the past, but I am not a professional so my decals don't look nearly as good as yours.

M

michigan_Rapter sd

Nice decal! :cool: I've made decals in the past, but I am not a professional so my decals don't look nearly as good as yours.

thanks , been doing them for 10 years and own a eco solvent printer so having the right equipment and a lot of time designing helps

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

thanks , been doing them for 10 years and own a eco solvent printer so having the right equipment and a lot of time designing helps

I design my decals in Microsoft Word and print them on an inkjet printer. Then I cover the face of the decal with packing tape to waterproof it and apply double sided tape to the back. :laughing:

M

Mikel1

Nicely done! The company I work for does some signs, vinyl plotter. Not enough demand for eco solvent here and signs365 does them cheap.

M

michigan_Rapter sd

we see that a lot with people that don't do the volume to do it the right way - sad part is the general consumer doesn't know the difference for about 6 months - where mine go many years - it is like the guy that buys the MTD mower and starts his professional lawn service -

M

Mikel1

we see that a lot with people that don't do the volume to do it the right way - sad part is the general consumer doesn't know the difference for about 6 months - where mine go many years - it is like the guy that buys the MTD mower and starts his professional lawn service -

6 months?

M

michigan_Rapter sd

6 months?
aqueous ink vinyl has a special coating on it to allow the water based ink to lay down- even laminated the coating to the vinyl usually fails in 6-12 months - unlike the solvent or latex printers that bite into the vinyl that last over 3 years unlaminated or over 7 years laminated. it cost a lot more to do it right (think $15K + to start with printer, supplies and laminator at the least) - and if done right even with the right equipment maintenance cost is more than most want to pay. many buy solvent printer and the first time it needs a $800 head or 2 they bail - but this is a lawn forum not sign :) I am going to send a couple of the decals to my dealer so he can use them for other customers that want inches instead of letters for the height markings -

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

I am going to send a couple of the decals to my dealer so he can use them for other customers that want inches instead of letters for the height markings -

That is very considerate of you. :smile: I am sure it will be appreciated.

K

Kremeneon

I am going to send a couple of the decals to my dealer so he can use them for other customers that want inches instead of letters for the height markings -

Very nice sticker! I was pondering similar but don't have the material to make it last forever, as you clearly do.

What is your asking paypal donation make and drop one in the mail to fellow owners?

M

michigan_Rapter sd

Very nice sticker! I was pondering similar but don't have the material to make it last forever, as you clearly do.

What is your asking paypal donation make and drop one in the mail to fellow owners?

going to make some later today that are laminated and on better vinyl - $3.50 would cover the decal, envelope and stamp

K

Kremeneon

going to make some later today that are laminated and on better vinyl - $3.50 would cover the decal, envelope and stamp

PM sent.

M

michigan_Rapter sd

going out in the morning mail

C

chevyrado14

Im also interested in a decal for my Raptor SD.

M

michigan_Rapter sd

Im also interested in a decal for my Raptor SD.

message sent

C

chevyrado14

message sent

PayPal sent. Thanks

K

Kremeneon

going out in the morning mail

Arrived Saturday. I peeled off the crookedly-applied factory sticker, cleaned and prepped, then applied this new one nice and straight. Love it! Thanks!

M

michigan_Rapter sd

Arrived Saturday. I peeled off the crookedly-applied factory sticker, cleaned and prepped, then applied this new one nice and straight. Love it! Thanks!

glad someone besides me liked the idea

R

retfr8flyr

I finally got my RSD 48 delivered today. Now I just have to wait for my sticker and replace the stock one. Thanks for coming up with this idea Michigan.

F

ffk_pennywise

I'd definitely like to get one if you are still making them!

M

michigan_Rapter sd

pm sent - will be around about another 18 days before we go to alaska for 2 weeks - then will be back around the second week of june

B

BEYTILL

Count me in! I'll take one.:thumbsup:

M

michigan_Rapter sd

Count me in! I'll take one.:thumbsup:

pm sent

M

michigan_Rapter sd

Will be able to do these until may 18th - then will be unavailable till June 6th or so - - - - -

F

ffk_pennywise

pm sent - will be around about another 18 days before we go to alaska for 2 weeks - then will be back around the second week of june

I put my new sticker on over the weekend. Couldn't be happier! Thanks again!

B

BEYTILL

Did the same. Great job Sir! Thank you!

M

michigan_Rapter sd

PM sent - still about 10 days till the alaska vacation and can do them till then or after june 7th

A

Ashtonman

Received my new label last week. Installed it today Thank you.
If there is an Hustler/Excel engineer here can you please explain why in world would you use letters and not numbers for the deck height adjustments? ?

Are numbers copyrighted by some other manufacturer for height adjustment? ?

Is that some kind of marketing trick to get you to buy a higher end model?? (With numbers)

BlazNT

BlazNT

Ok think of it this way. If you put a number there then it had better be that number when cutting or someone will sue you because I wanted my grass to be X and it was Y.
Not the same for a or b now is it. Bean counters came up with this idea for home owners. Business men/woman just need it to cut and will put it in the hole that works with a little grumble but will not sue.

M

michigan_Rapter sd

when deck adjustments and even tire pressure will make a difference in actual height numbers may not be exact (on mine I measured right from the dealer for a benchmark) - but a number that is close is a lot easier for me than a letter that means nothing to me ,or worse my wife, so we can come close to what we are shooting for. and with not indication on the decal if it is inches or an arbitrary number most people will not find it worth it to go the manufactures home state to file the suit.
I used to work at a womens prison and the prisoners were raking in the dollars scamming old retires as they knew the people had to come to our county to sue - we did all we could to clue people in but saw many loose a great deal of money. with a business it is handled in district civil court too and not small claims so the rules are different (MIL is a retired atty for the state)

C

ClutchKargo

PM Sent

M

michigan_Rapter sd

pm returned with info

A

akcooper9

My sticker showed up and lines up perfectly with my deck! Thank you very much for this!!!

M

michigan_Rapter sd

My sticker showed up and lines up perfectly with my deck! Thank you very much for this!!!

glad you liked it - at this point we have shipped out last decal until june 7th . . . . see ya all when we get back

C

CONROYZ28

Ill take one. Where do I send paypal info to??

Chris

M

michigan_Rapter sd

Ill take one. Where do I send paypal info to??

Chris

message sent

B

bradmc

Cool! I'll take one too, please.

A

adjc

I'll take one....pm info, nice decal! Thx

M

michigan_Rapter sd

akcooper, brad mc and adjc - checked and nothing yet - will check one more time later tonight then will have to wait till june 5th to do any more - so will have to wait till june 5th if you didn't get in today

A

adjc

akcooper, brad mc and adjc - checked and nothing yet - will check one more time later tonight then will have to wait till june 5th to do any more - so will have to wait till june 5th if you didn't get in today

Payment sent....thx

M

michigan_Rapter sd

Payment sent....thx
got it tony - going out in the morning mail

G

Good 1 Brian

PM sent

M

michigan_Rapter sd

anyone that didn't get the paypal in yesterday will have to wait till we return june 7th - - - - sorry we just ran out of time

B

bradmc

payment and PM sent. I missed the boat, so I'll wait for your next batch when you return.

Thanks

M

michigan_Rapter sd

payment and PM sent. I missed the boat, so I'll wait for your next batch when you return.

Thanks

going out int he morning brad - just got back after a 27 hr day of traveling so will start processing again after a good nights rest if anyone else interested

577jersey

Just got the new mower this week to replace a Cub Cadet RZT50 - - love it on the first mowing but the one thing I couldn't get by was the decal for height in letters - being a signmaker I had to rectify that one right away]
Hi brother,
I will gladly buy one of those stickers off you,,please PM me if you could get another one made for me,,i will pay you paypal or how ever you want.
Thanks!!
Tom

M

michigan_Rapter sd

Hi brother,
I will gladly buy one of those stickers off you,,please PM me if you could get another one made for me,,i will pay you paypal or how ever you want.
Thanks!!
Tom

pm sent

577jersey

Paypal sent,,thanks again bro!!

Tom :)

577jersey

Got the sticker today,,looks like a real nice quality sticker,cant wait to put it on this weekend.
Your the man!!!!

Thanks again!!

Tom

M

michigan_Rapter sd

Got the sticker today,,looks like a real nice quality sticker,cant wait to put it on this weekend.
Your the man!!!!

Thanks again!!

Tom

love happy people!

C

ChuckL

I would like one for my new purchase. Thank you in advance.

M

michigan_Rapter sd

I would like one for my new purchase. Thank you in advance.
PM sent

J

jwilli2

Got mine Friday love it:thumbsup:

T

tcbc

That is so cool. Just purchased a new Raptor SD 54" and would love one of these decals for my machine.

M

michigan_Rapter sd

That is so cool. Just purchased a new Raptor SD 54" and would love one of these decals for my machine.
pm sent

S

Smitty 335

Hello, I'm new to this site and already like it, picked up a new SD 4 weeks ago and had a hecka time matching cutting heights with my finish mower that I pull with my 51 Ford 8N in the wide open stuff (rides a lot smother the the SD). Your decal is one of those HWHA products. Would like to purchase one. Thanks Rick

M

michigan_Rapter sd

Hello, I'm new to this site and already like it, picked up a new SD 4 weeks ago and had a hecka time matching cutting heights with my finish mower that I pull with my 51 Ford 8N in the wide open stuff (rides a lot smother the the SD). Your decal is one of those HWHA products. Would like to purchase one. Thanks Rick
pm sent

L

ldaniels

I am getting my new Hustler Raptor SD 54 next week and would love to change out the decal. Please let me know how I can get one.

Thanks

M

michigan_Rapter sd

I am getting my new Hustler Raptor SD 54 next week and would love to change out the decal. Please let me know how I can get one.

Thanks

pm sent

S

SRS

Just got my sticker in the mail. Nicely done. Thank you very much. Stanley

J

Jim Cavender

Just purchased a 2016 Hustler Raptor SD 60" and would like to change my unit over from Letters to Inches like the one you made for your 54. Could you help me out?

Thanks,

Jim Cavender

B

BoylermanCT

Just picked up my RaptorSD yesterday. Would love to buy on of your stickers. Thanks!

Tom

M

michigan_Rapter sd

going to make a run of the decals again for this spring - this year they are $4.50 by paypal - if you are interested just send me a message to dakotagrafx@gmail.com as I am usually busy running the business and not on the forum all the time like the first year

J

Jefferey

Just sent email for 2 of them. Picked up a new SDX 54 yesterday , still to wet to mow LOL
What a great idea,
Jeff

M

michigan_Rapter sd

Just sent email for 2 of them. Picked up a new SDX 54 yesterday , still to wet to mow LOL
What a great idea,
Jeff

reply sent to email

J

Jefferey

Paypal Sent ! THANKS MUCH !

T

Terry C

I'd like one, email sent

T

Terry C

Payment sent.

Thanks, Terry

M

michigan_Rapter sd

Think I have responded to everyone that emailed me - if you have not heard back bump the email again- thanks and glad to help as I know I hated the letter system myself

M

michigan_Rapter sd

AI made some gloss black 13" long Hustler and 6wid by 5 tall "H" tonight and played with some reflective black

13" "Hustler $12 shipped
5x6 "H" $7 shipped

1 of each $15 shipped

Reflective black

13" "Hustler" $18
5x6 "H" $12

one of each reflective $ $24.

The reflective Black are a bright silver at night when light his it - this is 3M reflective material, the most expensive material by far that we stock

if someone needs the 12" on the front I can scale one down for that too

send request to dakotagrafx@gmail.com as I am very sporatic on the forum because I moderate on 2 sign maker forums :)

hustler 2H.jpghustler1.jpgP4020033.jpgP4020034.jpgreflect 2H.jpgreflect1.jpg

J

Jefferey

Aww crap now I am gunna have to order some of them later LOL VERY NICE

M

michigan_Rapter sd

I generally don't stock the reflective other than white because it is so expensive but had a project and bought a small amount of black and blue for some street signs I was doing ( along with a green that can only be used as a background because it is so thick - made for highway signs (green)

B

Bigmks

how can i get one of these decals? Will it work for the raptor sd 36 or 42?

M

michigan_Rapter sd

how can i get one of these decals? Will it work for the raptor sd 36 or 42?

I am no expert on the different Hustler mowers but betting the decal will fit most as the decks change but the basic raptor sd is the same (just guessing) - if you want one just paypal to dakotagrafx@gmail.com $4.50 and send a message to that email with your shipping info and we will ship one to you.

BlazNT

BlazNT

Funny if you rotate them 90 degrees it looks like 2 F's.
Hutler.jpg

M

michigan_Rapter sd

Funny if you rotate them 90 degrees it looks like 2 F's.
View attachment 31492

I thought the same thing when I was weeding them - the part you pull out looks like an F. That reflective is really cool but unless I had a big order I normally don't stock it - lucky this time someone had ordered a good deal of it and I have some left over for things like this. a full roll is normally $1400 so you don't want to mess up too many :)

T

Terry C

Just got my number sticker in the mail. Nicely done. Thank you.

M

michigan_Rapter sd

Just got my number sticker in the mail. Nicely done. Thank you.

We aim to please

577jersey

I made a Hustler youtube video about a month ago and its getting alot of hits,I told people about the decal and put a link to the forum in desorption.
So if you notice a spike in sales..lol :)

Thanks again for the great sticker!!

M

michigan_Rapter sd

I made a Hustler youtube video about a month ago and its getting alot of hits,I told people about the decal and put a link to the forum in desorption.
So if you notice a spike in sales..lol :)

Thanks again for the great sticker!!
thanks 577Jersey

B

BoylermanCT

I got my sticker today. Thank you!

M

michigan_Rapter sd

I got my sticker today. Thank you!
cheers2.gif

577jersey

thanks 577Jersey
Your welcome bro,anytime!!

K

Kevin_c

I to am interested in the height sticker. Please send info.

M

michigan_Rapter sd

I to am interested in the height sticker. Please send info.
$4.50 by paypal - if you are interested just send me a message to dakotagrafx@gmail.com as I am usually busy running the business and not on the forum all the time like the first year

J

jds1212

jds1212-- I am new to the forum and I just saw your post about the decal. It is very well done. I just purchased a Hustler Raptor SD and mine has the letters. Is it possible to purchase a decal from you for my Hustler? When I signed up I registered so members could contact me by my e-mail.
thank you Jim

T

Top98Percent

I'm in on the sticker club. Put mine on. Looks great.

Thanks

M

michigan_Rapter sd

We will be away and unable to respond to emails from August 29th till Sept 8th - then will be back!

M

michigan_Rapter sd

back up and running till October 29th and will be gone that time from oct 29 till November 22. just made another 50 as the first 3 batches have gone quicker than expected

E

Ehpawk

I know this is an older thread but I was wondering if this decal would work/fit on my 2018 Raptor SD 48. If so I would like to purchase one of these! Thanks in advance!

K

Kutch

I too would be interested in one for 2017 sd 48. You have a great looking product.

L

LanceCaper

Love the decal. Can I get your info so I can order one for my SD.

Thank you in advance.

K

Kremeneon

Love the decal. Can I get your info so I can order one for my SD.

Thank you in advance.

I believe he has them on offer on ebay now.

W

wdb11

Would like to purchase Raptor wd 54 height of cut decal. Please contact me

J

jeverton

I'm also interested in one for a RSDX 54"... please let me know the process for ordering if these are still available.

M

michigan_Rapter sd

email dakotagrafx@gmail.com with address after sending $6.00 by paypal to get the decal or they are on ebay for $7.00

I do not visit the forum much as I have been busy with the sign business - - --

M

michigan_Rapter sd

We just shut down the sales on the big sites for the deck height decal due to a trip coming up at the end of september but as I never had a problem with sales direct on the forum I can run some for 2 more weeks - email direct to dakotagrafx@gmail.com. currently we have 4 options 1 decal $7.00 2 decals $2.00 1 decal that the outer cut is not correct $6.00 or 2 for $10 on the b stock decals - I will try to add a picture of the b-stock - we had one batch that some were slightly off on cuts

attachment.php
B stock photo showing cut not correct

Attachments