Hustler Musings and Observations

RetiredGuns

Threads
I feel bad for my local Hustler because people just go to the BBS and don't research the local dealer. He has seen a decline in his residential model sells because people just go to Lowe's. He's out in the country and people are so lazy/uninformed they use BBS because that is all they've ever known...most don't even bother using the dealer lookup. He has the same price as Lowe's.

Exactly. It won't be price but ignorance. I am lucky that not only do I like to do business with dealers, but 2 are within 1/2 mile of the house and yes, it is out in the country. I have access to SCAG, Wright, BigDog, Hustler, Exmark, Dixon, Bobcat. Of course commercial folks are aware of the dealerships, but Joe Schmow from the city is looking at BBS.

t9sti

Forum Newbie
Threads
I feel bad for my local Hustler because people just go to the BBS and don't research the local dealer. He has seen a decline in his residential model sells because people just go to Lowe's. He's out in the country and people are so lazy/uninformed they use BBS because that is all they've ever known...most don't even bother using the dealer lookup. He has the same price as Lowe's.

I have to admit, and I know I'll catch crap for it, but I went to lowes... For only one reason. I spoke with my local dealer and he said servicing it won't be a problem, however he couldn't offer me military discount like lowes can. Also lowes has a sweet 4 year warranty that covers everything, including if I hit a stump or something stupid. Plus free delivery.

Just about everything, including my home is made in the US, and I always support local guys when I can, but $400 is $400... Which paid for the extended warranty.

t9sti

Forum Newbie
Threads
All new units are shipped with the fixed clutch set up, but note that the new factory news do not have the two washers, that was just to correct the previously released set up. Despite what some people insinuate, this has been a non-issue for two months.

Thanks! I looked on the website for recalls and didn't see anything about it, so I just wanted to make sure.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
All new units are shipped with the fixed clutch set up, but note that the new factory news do not have the two washers, that was just to correct the previously released set up. Despite what some people insinuate, this has been a non-issue for two months.

That's good news for user t9sti!!! Even though I've been pretty critical of the Raptor problems, I still consider Hustler as one of the best ZTR's on the market. I knew it would just be a matter of time before the Raptor & Raptor SD got the kinks worked out and set the standard for pricing of high-end Residential ZTR's. Hustler will continue to be one of the brands that I recommend(I just read a recent post by a user who just bought a 54" FasTrak SD for $5,899....if my local dealer had countered my $5,800 cash OTD with me picking it up offer with a $5,899 price I would be mowing with a Hustler instead of a Gravely).

specman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I picked up my new 54" RSD on Wednesday. Asked the dealer about the infamous pulley issues and she advised that all new units coming off of the line have a redesigned pulley system. She also said, "Mr. Gary, if you have any trouble at all with this mower, you bring it back and we will fix it. If it needs any adjustment, you bring it in and we will take care of it". My machine was in dealer stock and has the dealer installed modification. I cut some 12"-18" field grass on some acreage that I have in the country and the results were good. I expect the results will be better as I cut it more often. My home St. Augustine lawn is really looking good this year because of springtime feeding and consistent rain fall. I normally cut it with a 28" Snapper rear engine rider but decided to try the RSD 54 and the results were supper impressive.
Specman

t9sti

Forum Newbie
Threads
I picked up my new 54" RSD on Wednesday. Asked the dealer about the infamous pulley issues and she advised that all new units coming off of the line have a redesigned pulley system. She also said, "Mr. Gary, if you have any trouble at all with this mower, you bring it back and we will fix it. If it needs any adjustment, you bring it in and we will take care of it". My machine was in dealer stock and has the dealer installed modification. I cut some 12"-18" field grass on some acreage that I have in the country and the results were good. I expect the results will be better as I cut it more often. My home St. Augustine lawn is really looking good this year because of springtime feeding and consistent rain fall. I normally cut it with a 28" Snapper rear engine rider but decided to try the RSD 54 and the results were supper impressive. Specman

Congrats!

D

DSepe

I picked up my new 54" RSD on Wednesday. Asked the dealer about the infamous pulley issues and she advised that all new units coming off of the line have a redesigned pulley system. She also said, "Mr. Gary, if you have any trouble at all with this mower, you bring it back and we will fix it. If it needs any adjustment, you bring it in and we will take care of it". My machine was in dealer stock and has the dealer installed modification. I cut some 12"-18" field grass on some acreage that I have in the country and the results were good. I expect the results will be better as I cut it more often. My home St. Augustine lawn is really looking good this year because of springtime feeding and consistent rain fall. I normally cut it with a 28" Snapper rear engine rider but decided to try the RSD 54 and the results were supper impressive. Specman
Your last name is Gary?...awesome.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
For the information of the Hustler owners, there is a Hustler sponsored forum on LawnSite. You can join and chat with a Hustler Service Rep. Bear in mind that new members posts are monitored for a while, so be patient. I'm not trying to chase Hustler owners away from lawnmowerforum.
Here is the link to the Hustler Forum on lawnsite
http://www.lawnsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31
Mad Mackie in CT:laughing::biggrin::smile:

specman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Your last name is Gary?...awesome.

That's the way we do it down South. If it's obvious that you did not attend school with them or you are friends with their parents, you get the respect.