Husqvarna yt48XLS auto-lock differential/hydrostatic

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Dethatcher, garden cart, spreader... Just nothing ground engaging.

gainestruk

Threads
Dethatcher, garden cart, spreader... Just nothing ground engaging.

I agree nothing more than this, the K46 just isn't big enough to do much more than mowing, anything else will greatly shorten it's life.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am being very careful to get that one "right" garden tractor replacement for my Craftsman dyt 4000 which cannot do things I know now that I need. I'm hip that the 1" dia axles go with the "garden tractor" and a more rugged transmission, but I have learned that a model name can be of some help. For instance if you want ground engaging toughness avoid LGT designation as the "L" is for light. But manufacturers are purposely very coy about their marketing names, and as I have said prviously Craftsman is very bad right now with their so called "specifications." I have reviewed "Iron Search" looking at compact and subcompact tractors. "Used," they start at around $6K so buying a proper GT rider fills that gap if you can navigate the poor dealer knowledge and be sure what you'e getting. I paid a pro $4K last year to put in a front lawn I could have done with a proper GT rider which could break weedy , dry soil.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
The Craftsman dyt 4000 was built by Husqvarna by the way.