Husqvarna stalls when cutting grass

I-75

Threads
This was not a problem last year but...

Mower gets itself around and even PTOs fine. But when the blades hit grass (even on level ground now) it stalls out. I have to turn PTO off to keep engine from conking out.

What could the be? Thanks!

Mikel1

Threads
Does it help if you choke it when it starts stalling?

I-75

Threads
Re: Husqvarna YTH2448 stalls when cutting grass

Thought I'd post a follow up.

Replaced the fuel filter. Replacement did not look as large or well built as the one it replaced, but the problem has since gone away.

Until today. Same stall upon hitting the grass.

Looked at the air filter and pre cleaner. Both were pretty nasty so I replaced those. Seems to have fixed the problem for now.

The mower is using about a quart of oil if not more every time I mow the lawn. Pre cleaner was pure black. I call the mower the smoke monster and I'm sure I haven't seen the last of these issues.

atrulli

Forum Newbie
Threads
We had the same problem when the mower was like a year old... very frustrating.. still under warranty.. Warranty guy was ready to move in with us and kept ordering parts, he finally ordered a whole new deck. When it came, the problem was obvious, the one pulley was bigger... he dug out the new bigger pulley wheel... put it on... and we have not have not had a problem since 2009.. We ended up with two new belts, all the pulleys, plus a brand new deck we still have in the box. He said it would cost more to ship the new deck back then it was worth. We have more in the mower then we purchased it for in all these parts. Apparently, they had a mix up on the line and who knows how many decks were assembled with this smaller pulley wheel on it. Good Luck.

localh287

Forum Newbie
Threads
Had the exact same problem. Replaced the belt, blades, fuel filter, oil filter, oil, air filter, everyhting I could think of. Tried new gass with StarTron and Sea Foam in the gas to clean the carburator. Problem as still there. Took it in to get it looked at and it turns out a connecting rod broke. Blown engine. It was only running on one cylinder. End of last season heard a load bang and had no idea what it was. Well now I know.... It was a 2754GLS.