Export thread

Husqvarna Mower won't stop

P

Pasture

I may be repeating a thread, but I've looked 125 deep before deciding to write this. I have a Husqvarna YTH2348 riding mower. I use my front end loader to tilt the mower up to clean the deck. When I let it down this time it wouldn't start with the key. I was able to jumper over the solenoid and it ran well. I replaced the fuse and now it starts and mows but won't shut down. It diesels and keeps running unless I get off and pull up the mower deck switch. What's up with that?

B

bertsmobile1

Sounds like the plug on the back of the ignition switch has fallen off or come loose.
IF the switch is working it would both ground the coil & cut off the fuel supply to the carb solenoid both of which should stop the engine.
BEcause neither are happening the switch is the prime suspect.

P

Pasture

Thanks Bert. I had read that Husq ignition switches are vulnerable. Perhaps I should just replace it instead of trying to get to work properly.

B

bertsmobile1

Thanks Bert. I had read that Husq ignition switches are vulnerable. Perhaps I should just replace it instead of trying to get to work properly.

It is your money.
I have been repairing mowers for near 5 years now & am yet to find a broken switch.
I do find a lot where the plug has simply fallen off, the earth strap has fallen off / broken

P

Pasture

It is your money.
I have been repairing mowers for near 5 years now & am yet to find a broken switch.
I do find a lot where the plug has simply fallen off, the earth strap has fallen off / broken

Good thought. I'm sure that the plug is on properly, though it might need cleaning. I'll also follow the ground strap and see if it is detached/broken. Thanks again.