Export thread

Husqvarna linkage problems

A

ajwashere

Hi all, I was having carb problems and, like a bone head, I quickly pulled the carb off, not taking pictures as I went. Now I cannot figure out the linkage. I cannot find and good diagrams or pictures on the web either. Does anybody have any info on this rig? Its a Husqvarna YTA24V48 with a Briggs & Stratton 44N877-0003-G1 engine. Any pics link or info would be bigly appreciated!

Boobala

Boobala

Hi all, I was having carb problems and, like a bone head, I quickly pulled the carb off, not taking pictures as I went. Now I cannot figure out the linkage. I cannot find and good diagrams or pictures on the web either. Does anybody have any info on this rig? Its a Husqvarna YTA24V48 with a Briggs & Stratton 44N877-0003-G1 engine. Any pics link or info would be bigly appreciated!

Does your engine have the thermostat choke or a manual choke on it ?? I have some pics of the the linkages that MIGHT be of help to you... Boobala

A

ajwashere

Hello, It has the automatic choke. Pics would be great!

Boobala

Boobala

Hello, It has the automatic choke. Pics would be great!

I will dig out what I have and post a bit later, BUT I will post them, PATIENCE, Please ! wife's Honey-do's have PRIORITY in this house ... :thumbsup:..:wink:

A

ajwashere

No worries! Thank you and thank you rivets for the manual. Mine has a single barrel carb so it is a little different but still helpful. I got the governor to throttle butterfly and choke thermostat to choke figured out. I just have one more long squiggly piece of linkage that I have no idea where it goes. Thanks again

L

Luffydog

Long straight piece with hooks on each end with spring in middle?

A

ajwashere

No. That sounds like my governor link. This one has a bunch of bends.

L

Luffydog

Might be the choke link if it has a lot of bends to it or the throttle link

Boobala

Boobala

2009-07-30_161425_7-30-2009_9-13-19_AM.png..LINKS.PNG..DSCN2705.jpg..DSCN2707.jpg..DSCN2727.jpg..DSCN2732.jpg..DSCN2733.jpg..linkx1.jpg.._carb_bottom_solenoid.JPG..shiny.png

I guess I'm too late but here's the pics anyway......

L

Luffydog

IMG_0510.PNGIMG_0511.PNG

Boobala

Boobala

Looks like it MIGHT be the governor linkage rod, see in my post of pics.......

L

Luffydog

After looking at all the pics after awhile they all start to look alike :confused2:

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Aj you have the V Twin Briggs ........... Do you have a separate choke lever on your mower ????

Or is the throttle and choke all in one ??? It makes a difference Mon Ami..........

Let us Know ~!~!~!

A

ajwashere

These are great Boobala. Thank you

My choke is automatic. The is a little heat activated lever that pushes on the choke linkage. I am going to try and figure out how to post a pic of this piece of linkage. I do not even see it in any pic or diagram.

Thanks for all your help gentlemen!
AJ

Boobala

Boobala

Aj you have the V Twin Briggs ........... Do you have a separate choke lever on your mower ????

Or is the throttle and choke all in one ??? It makes a difference Mon Ami..........

Let us Know ~!~!~!

Hey BO, he stated he's got the "thermostat choke model", I'm pretty sure that's what he meant...

DSCN2705.jpg

A

ajwashere

The mystery link. 337E0187-5B99-4624-9638-6D6ECA05A7CF.jpg

A

ajwashere

Where I am at. I think I have the two links on the left figured out, but the one bent one on the right has got me scratching my head. 6D30B0AC-FA55-41CB-8131-32C98A929FBA.jpg

A

ajwashere

Here is a better pic of what I have, and where I think it goes. Thanks all. 2E13A97B-ADBD-4CDE-8014-73E042BBF43B.jpg

Boobala

Boobala

Here is a better pic of what I have, and where I think it goes. Thanks all. View attachment 37118

Hold on aj ..... I think the rod in questin is the THROTTLE link rod, it's screwy shape had me baffled too, let me dig through my pics again, and see if I have a few of that particular rod ... PATIENCE !! I have to search through a ton of pics, and I've only had my first pot of coffee........... :wink:

Boobala

Boobala

Here is a better pic of what I have, and where I think it goes. Thanks all. View attachment 37118

Hold on aj ..... I think the rod in questin is the THROTTLE link rod, it's screwy shape had me baffled too, let me dig through my pics again, and see if I have a few of that particular rod ... PATIENCE !! I have to search through a ton of pics, and I've only had my first pot of coffee........... :wink:

Boobala

Boobala

aj, I'm not 100% sure but it might hook up to an "air-vane by the flywheel, I was searching for pics of the linkages on these model engines ( 44R, 44N, 44S, and a few others when I got my 44R awhile back, here's a few more pics but I'm not sure if they will help, I will go through all my stuff and see if I can find a complete link setup but I have a doctor appoinment @ 9:00 so it will be later 2day......

View attachment 37119..View attachment 37120..View attachment 37121..20170527_105544.jpg

A

ajwashere

Boobala, I do remember pulling that little thing off but I don remember that linkage. I will check that when I get home later today. Thanks for all the info and clues! If you have a top down picture that can see behind the carb that would be great. Also, am I correct in thinking that the throttle butterfly is connected to the governor lever? I do not see a direct link from throttle cable to carb anywhere.

Thank again.

AJ

Boobala

Boobala

Here's all the pics I could find,...... nothing behind the carburetor,.. so we'll have to figure it out ourselves, go back and study all the pics, SLOWLY, AND carefully........ you might pick-up on something I missed, also included a good video on setting the governor ( a TARYL video)

N LINK 1.jpg..N LINK 2.jpg..N LINK 3.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbFyGRixoGA

Enlarge the second pic as much as you can, doesn't it look to you, like the linkage on the left side looks like it wraps OVER a white (nylon ??) protrusion ?? then hook into the thermostat arm ??

KEEP me posted....... Boo

A

ajwashere

Boobala, Thank you for the pics and you were right! The long, mutlibend link goes to that vane up top. It comes from the other control horn on the choke. Opposite side of carb. I have completely put it all back together, but it all makes sense now. Thanks again for your help!!

AJ

Boobala

Boobala

Boobala, Thank you for the pics and you were right! The long, mutlibend link goes to that vane up top. It comes from the other control horn on the choke. Opposite side of carb. I have completely put it all back together, but it all makes sense now. Thanks again for your help!!

AJ

Hey AJ, do me a favor PLEASE take some pics of YOUR completed linkage for my "Library" ( and your's too! ) I have the 24 HP twin 44R877 model and I had linkage problems, mine has the 2 barrel carb though, your carb is the EZZZZ one to work on, hopin you'll post the pics ....Boo

jsd1987

jsd1987

AJ
Having the same issue, trying to figure out where that multibend link goes to the vane up top and pictures would be great.

B

besterfe

just joined the forum. have a briggs intec v-twin 44N877-0003-G1 trying to find the plastic piece on the bottom of the the gov link. IMG_8915.jpeg

R

Rivets

Can you take a picture where we can see the plastic clip better?

B

bertsmobile1

If it is the bit that the wire clips into then that is what it is , a cable clip.
Never seen them for sale at a mower shop but usually available from am auto upholstry supplier

B

besterfe

If it is the bit that the wire clips into then that is what it is , a cable clip.
Never seen them for sale at a mower shop but usually available from am auto upholstry supplier
thats exactly what it is!!! have not used one of those in a lot of years.

R

Rivets

Is this the plastic clip you’re talking about? Can tell from the picture you posted.
1628857758620.jpeg

B

besterfe

Is this the plastic clip you’re talking about? Can tell from the picture you posted.
View attachment 57916
That’s it

R

Rivets

Kohler parts number 47 158 07-S

B

besterfe

any non standard repair to get this to work with out the retainer?

B

bertsmobile1

You could drill the end of the rod & fit a split pin .
Without the plastic the rod will rattle around and make the governor run eratically