Export thread

Husqvarna GT48XLSi serious wiring problems- HELP!

Craftsman Garage

Craftsman Garage

I recently bought a Husqvarna GT riding mower and the previous owner absolutely destroyed the wiring so I am looking to replace it to its former glory and I am unable to find a good wiring harness and smart switch. Is it possible that I could replace only the smart switch with the key switch if I get a new wiring harness, which is already very hard to find in itself? Trying to be as OEM as possible with this and also, where is the automatic choke located? Because he bypassed that too

Craftsman Garage

Craftsman Garage

So I’m looking online and there I no way that I’m going to spend 100 dollars on a wiring harness fit for this model so I’m thinking I could buy a harness that is very close to what I need but has that key switch port. Leave me a link if you find a close harness

S

slomo

there I no way that I’m going to spend 100 dollars on a wiring harness fit for this model
Cheaper than an eviction, Sheriff, HOA or Housing Enforcement ticket.

What is it with people that don't want to spend any money what so ever on lawn mowers? Then they run out and spend $1200.00 cell phones. Trying to keep up with the Jones' I guess??

Tough to help you if you don't buy any parts or even try to repair what you have currently.

Craftsman Garage

Craftsman Garage

What is it with people that don't want to spend any money what so ever on lawn mowers? Then they run out and spend $1200.00 cell phones. Trying to keep up with the Jones' I guess??

Tough to help you if you don't buy any parts or even try to repair what you have currently.
I could get arrested for not buying the correct part but tweaking it to fit? I don’t think so, it is physically impossible to fix the existing harness

Craftsman Garage

Craftsman Garage

I’m trying to FIND the parts, so I can buy them

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

getting husqvarna parts lately seems to be an exercise in futility. I run a mower shop and getting OEM husqvarna parts is a PITA. Good luck.

Craftsman Garage

Craftsman Garage

I know! All the harnesses are $100+, it’s insane!

Craftsman Garage

Craftsman Garage

getting husqvarna parts lately seems to be an exercise in futility. I run a mower shop and getting OEM husqvarna parts is a PITA. Good luck.
I do too. That’s why I’m trying to do this, I’m not gonna charge my customers the $100 for the harness and $100 for labor!

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Yes, you do need to charge him that. He brought it to you in a certain condition and wants you to return it in a different condition. That costs money. If he wants a short cut cheap job then do that. If he wants the trashed wiring fixed right it will cost a few hundred. Being a one man little shop people bring me stuff like that a lot because the big shops won't touch it. I tell them up front rewiring and bringing stuff back from the grave to working condition usually runs a few hundred maybe more. That riding mower they picked up for $20 that needs "a little work" doesn't look so good now.

StarTech

StarTech

Then if can't find an used mower that is being parted out you need take a pass on this. Personally I inform the customer the costs and let them decide the path they want to take.

Sometime they have to bite the bullet and just do it if they want the mower repaired.

But personally I hate getting things like this in my shop. But just take look at what it will cost to jack it up and run new mower underneath nowadays.

B

bertsmobile1

Do not fit a smart switch it is an exercise in futility they were a good idea very badly done so got dropped after 4 seasons
There are literally 5,000,000 looms out there that will fit your mower as AYP factory ( Husqvarna ) has only 1 loom that gets slightly modified from mower to mower particulalry if you include all of the other brand that use the same loom .
Find a junked mower & rob it's electrical system if you do not have a grasp on reality that Santa Clause's pixies can no longer make every thing you desire from fairy dust for free
Seen the world price of copper lately ( thanks to Musk ) ?
Loom making is a very labour intensive process that is very difficult to automate
There is around 100 individual parts that go into one
Third world countries can no longer subsidise the life style of wealthy Western countries
A side effect of reducing world poverty