husqvarna doesnt want to restart while hot

tnbubba

Forum Newbie
Threads
My ztr with Briggs motor runs great and starts easy,however once it gets hot it will not start once shut off not react at all when the key is turned. It acts as though a safety switch has been activated. After 30 minutes(exactly) it fires right up. Could use some help.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sounds like a ignition module/coil. When it gets hot it acts up.

Threads
My ztr with Briggs motor runs great and starts easy,however once it gets hot it will not start once shut off not react at all when the key is turned. It acts as though a safety switch has been activated. After 30 minutes(exactly) it fires right up. Could use some help.

Welcome to the Forum!.. Have you check all your connections battery, ground, connectors to switches, etc? It sounds like a coil is getting hot , and keeping it from starting until it cools off. How old is it, and how many hrs?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Not react at all?

Terminology needs to be clarified a bit.

So when shut off hot, and you go back to start. It will not "crank"??? Or what?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
When you sit down to mow, you turn the key to "run", then over to "crank".....

When it cranks for a second or two, the keyswitch flips back to run when the engine starts and runs....

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
So narrow it down a tad, as the ignition coils have nothing at all to do with cranking.....

Tindal

Threads
So narrow it down a tad, as the ignition coils have nothing at all to do with cranking.....

mine does the same thing , i can jump the solonoid and it will trun over and fire right up . I ran into my dealer and he said to stop by and pick up a PTO
swich . he said that the diaode is bad in the pto switch .