Husky RZ5424 won't engage

rphill

Forum Newbie
Threads
My 2 year mower broke. This is the 3rd summer to use it and it did well for 5 minutes and there was a shudder in the deck. I immediately stopped the blades and checked the belt, blade switch connector and fuse. All was ok. Cleaned the contacts on the blade switch and plugged back in. Nothing. Only thing thing left to look at looks to be the contact for the electromagnetic coupling. Anyone know where that is? Any other suggestions? Thanks

lonestarjeff

Threads
Did you figure out the cause of your blade engage failure?

Jeff

rphill

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry for the long delay. The problem was that the clutch bolted to the engine drive shaft fell off. The bolt holding it on backed off and the whole thing fell off on the ground. I was able to find the washer and bolt and get it back on. So i advise checking all bolts periodically. It did not appear to have locktite on the threads so i didn't use any in case i ever have to remove it.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sorry for the long delay. The problem was that the clutch bolted to the engine drive shaft fell off. The bolt holding it on backed off and the whole thing fell off on the ground. I was able to find the washer and bolt and get it back on. So i advise checking all bolts periodically. It did not appear to have locktite on the threads so i didn't use any in case i ever have to remove it.

I go to a hardware store and buy a lock nut. That way it won't back off anymore, but you can still remove it later if need be.