Export thread

Husky 2600 psi-water won't come out

P

Pammy

Hello. I have a Husky 2600 psi pressure washer with a Honda GCV160 motor. The water will not come out of the wand. I removed the part that is attached to this submittal. I believe it is the unloader valve. The silver tip doesn't move in and out though. Is it just seized up that hard or is it not supposed to move?

Attachments

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

Could you post a picture of the pump so I can see which pump you have?

My guess is that the part you took off is just fine, the majority of unloader valves aren't going to move by hand. Have you checked for obstructions in the hose and wand? If you disconnect the hose, does water come out?

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Yes that is your unloader valve and from what you said it's froze up.... They can be fixed with patience... Or buy a new one.....

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

Yes that is your unloader valve and from what you said it's froze up.... They can be fixed with patience... Or buy a new one.....

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

How will a frozen unloader prevent water from flowing through the pump???

The unloader has two positions, and in both positions water is able to flow through the pump. If it's stuck in either position, water will still flow through the pump.

Explain?

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

I didn't mean that water wouldn't flow out of the pump........ He hasen't answered your question yet.....

When you engage the handle of the wand the pressure from the water compresses the spring loaded unloader valve and allows water to come out the wand at a high pressure .......

Unloader's of that type have a spring built inside or outside of them....... Usually they get stuck and just pop em with a hammer after spraying the shaft well with PB Blaster or Kroil.......

Some cases or a lost cause though........ A new one is in order then........

My 25 cents worth since 2 cents aint worth nothing anymore LOL..........

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

Boobala

Boobala

What the unloader valve does is let the water circulate in a loop through the pump when you let off the guns trigger .. to prevent high pressure build-up which could damage the pump or people, it should NOT be adjusted, ( unless being replaced or repaired ) to try to increase the pressure from the nozzle, the NUMBER size, of the different color nozzles determines the tip pressure which is best attained by the use of a nozzle chart and an inline pressure gauge .

Remove the gun from the hose coming from the pump see if water is flowing , if it is, gun MAY be plugged up, then remove hose from the pump, if no water out of outlet, the pump is in need of repair or replacement. also be sure garden hose to pump is not plugged, and check the filter screen at inlet of garden hose connection.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Yes you are right Boo, but I didn't want to type all that............But you still don't want to run a washer for long periods without using the wand..........

I didn't think you were still awake Mon Ami ~!~!

Boobala

Boobala

Yes you are right Boo, but I didn't want to type all that............But you still don't want to run a washer for long periods without using the wand..........

I didn't think you were still awake Mon Ami ~!~!

Right ....... MOST pumps should NOT be .. NOT spraying, longer than 1-1/2 to 2 min. at the very most.

headed to check my eyelids for holes in just a few min. ..169a6283071cf7d34f59d3694f3f075a--emotion-faces-royalty-free-clipart.jpg

P

Pammy

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

How do I go about fixing it? I tapped it with a hammer (I wasn’t sure how hard I could hit it so I didn’t use much force)and it still doesn’t move.

P

Pammy

I want to thank all of you. I took each part off and ran water through it. The water now flows nicely.
2 more questions though if you don’t mind helping a woman in need...
There wasn’t an inlet water screen. Do all pressure washers have them? I would think so. There was a gasket but no screen. I’m thinking I need to by one.
There was what looked like calcification debris in the water that dripped out when I took the parts off. Is there something I can use to clean this up and maybe flush out the pump?
Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you for educating me in the world of pressure washers.

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

1. Yes, you need a filter screen. If you run it without one, you can get debris in the pump which will get stuck in some of the one-way valves and prevent them from closing.

2. If it were my pressure washer, I'd just use it and hope the calcium deposits get flushed out. Someone else may have a better answer.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

I don't know which parts you took off. But some pumps have caps with internals below them and will pop out with water pressure.... Careful.........

Put the unloader valve back in and hook up the hoses..... Fire the engine up and see what happens.... I have one with no screen in the inlet side.......

Let us know Mon Amie.............

Boobala

Boobala

Pammy, by all means get the filter screen for the garden hose inlet, you might also consider an in-line pre-filter before the garden hose hookup to the pump, to this day I have never had to go inside a "pump" just the engines, as far as cleaning out the pump, I found this site which seems to be very knowledgeable about pressure washers, check out their videos and there are others on the you tube site as well, you're always welcome here with any thing you care to ask, ......... PLEASE keep us updated as to your progress .... :thumbsup: ..... Boobala

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BFUiOpF0lI&t=5s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mGkOE6awms&t=101s

Here is a link to a download of a pressure washer parts catalog, it may help you in knowing your pressure washer parts and prices

https://www.e-digitaleditions.com/i/944187-2018-nilfisk-hpw-parts-accessories-catalog

P

Pammy

Ugh! Before starting the PW, I made sure the water was flowing all the way through the end of the wand with the tip on and it did. I then started the PW and no water would come out. I cut the motor off, took off the hose off at the pump connection and no water was coming out. Any suggestions? I’m thinking it’s time for a repair shop.:mad:

Boobala

Boobala

Pammy, although as I stated earlier, I never had ocassion to go inside a PW pump, but I have seen guys working on them on the bench, and there are many youtube video's about rebuilding them, BUT I would never attempt a rebuild, without the CORRECT Service AND Parts manuals next to my bench, that said, I agree, if YOUR experience is limited, the repair center should be able to give you an ESTIMATE, and I would get at least 2, as always, ask anything you want, I'm sure there is a few members that have delved into these pumps, hopefully they will chime in... keep us updated though, and good luck, ..... Boo

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Did you get the unloader valve unstuck ?? If not then that's why you don't have pressure........

I

ILENGINE

If I am reading this correctly. You had water coming out of the pump before starting it, but when it started it basically stopped flowing water, am i correct. On some pumps this is a removable venturi behind the pressure hose connected that has a check valve. there is an O ring on the check valve that if sticks or gets a nick will basically lock the valve shut.

P

Pammy

Did you get the unloader valve unstuck ?? If not then that's why you don't have pressure........

No, I was hoping to get the house washed this one time and then get the part replaced. Obviously, I was disillusioned.

P

Pammy

If I am reading this correctly. You had water coming out of the pump before starting it, but when it started it basically stopped flowing water, am i correct. On some pumps this is a removable venturi behind the pressure hose connected that has a check valve. there is an O ring on the check valve that if sticks or gets a nick will basically lock the valve shut.

You are correct. Thank you for the suggestion. I will try to see if that is something I can look at short of taking apart the pump. I am not at that skill level yet...:frown: If I could find a diagram of the pump, that would help. I just tried calling Husky and the number seems to be disconnected. Not a good sign.

Boobala

Boobala

You are correct. Thank you for the suggestion. I will try to see if that is something I can look at short of taking apart the pump. I am not at that skill level yet...:frown: If I could find a diagram of the pump, that would help. I just tried calling Husky and the number seems to be disconnected. Not a good sign.

Pammy can you get and post any model information from your machine and several pics if possible, would be VERY helpful .....

P

Pammy

I can't upload any pictures right now because I am at work. As for the other information: Husky 2600 PSI Honda GCV160, GJAEA 6347618 GCV160LA N5R NHI

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

Pump is probably an AR RMV2.2G24 or similar. I'll pull the unloader off one of mine to see if it moves. Pretty sure it takes a lot of force to move (2600 PSI) but I'll check anyway.

P

Pammy

Pump is probably an AR RMV2.2G24 or similar. I'll pull the unloader off one of mine to see if it moves. Pretty sure it takes a lot of force to move (2600 PSI) but I'll check anyway.

It is similar to a AR RMW. I just found a diagram online and it looks close to mine. I also found a you tube video for servicing that pump and I do not have half of those tools. :mad: At least I have a good idea of the issue so I know if the service place is being honest with me regarding any repairs they suggest. If it's just the unloader and unloader seat, I could repair that myself.

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

Where's the video you found? I've completely disassembled several of those pumps before, and they aren't all that hard.

P

Pammy

I finally received a call from the local repair shop after 2 weeks of having the pressure washer. I just want to check with you all and make sure the assessment I am receiving is logical if you don't mind... They are said the bearings at the shaft in the pump have seized up and I need a new pump-$179.76.

Boobala

Boobala

Pictures of your unit would really help, That price is a a good bit below what I would expect for a GOOD pump, we dont know what make and models we're talkin about here, models and pressure ratings determine cost, does that include an unloader valve..?? installation .. ?? returned in ready to work condition ..?? Prices on equipment are really variable, I just got a price on a new AR vrt3-310EZ unloader completely "plumbed" ready to install $87.00 on the other hand a new pump rated @ 3000 psi will cost me anywhere from $250.00 to $475.00 and up... Pics like this ........ is what I'm talkin bout !

DSCN1894 (Medium).JPG..DSCN1895 (Medium).JPG..DSCN1896 (Medium).JPG..DSCN1897 (Medium).JPG

P

Pammy

So I went by the shop that has my PW to take pictures unannounced. It’s obvious they didn’t do much investigating. At least I was able to get pictures.

Attachments

Boobala

Boobala

Pammy I suggest you read through the attached link, especially page 3........ seems this unit has serious issues, I found your pump as low as $75.00 but average about $120.00 don't know what you're decicisions are wish you had posted the model numbers much earlier, before you took it to the repair shop, I will be posting a bunch of info later, or in the morning, wife needs my help with her issues,,,,,,,, later ... Boo

https://complaintwire.org/complaint/qKYBAAAAAAA/husky-hu80722-pressure-washer/3

Boobala

Boobala

Pammy Sorry I didn't get back to you last nite... anyway, I thought you had a totally different type of machine, .. E3027HC.jpg , NO matter, From what I know about pressure washers, YOUR particular model of pump is ... at the very least, QUESTIONABLE. I've read on several forums to avoid this type of unit,the Honda engines are a SUPERB choice of leading washer makers, I have one on my unit,BUT that particular style pump is NOT well liked, I'm at a loss as what to tell you....... I don't want to see you throw away money into a never ending situation, I don't know of your financial resources, but me.. I myself would get the unit back, then if you REALLY need a P/W I would rent one until you save enough to buy a NEW,.. GOOD model, ( $500.00 - $800.00 ) or find a GOOD used one from a P/W dealer or mower shop, maybe you could sell the engine and the rest as a parts unit and recoup some of your money, YOUR CALL,, BUT that's MY opinion. I think your model pump, as most good pumps are, was oil lubricated, the bearings could have gone out from lack of or low oil, also if you did NOT have water going to the pump (after bleeding the air out ) that too could have caused your breakdown, ( that is stated in your owners guide.. which I read over ) There is also a pump up-grade and an oil-less model, but I would still write it off .... Sorry Pammy, Read through what I'm sending and think carefully which road you're going to go, ... Keep us informed, we will be here to help in any we can .... Boo

https://data2.manualslib.com/pdf4/98/9745/974406-husky/hu80833.pdf?2c358ad91e765c886f460ee47d5e44ea

http://www.ppe-pressure-washer-parts.com/files/1961581/uploaded/HU80833.pdf

https://www.apwdistributing.com/husky-hu80833-pressure-washer-replacement-parts.html

https://www.partswarehouse.com/Husky-HU80833-3-N-1-Hi-Speed-Gasoline-Pressure-Washer-s/13496.htm

https://data2.manualslib.com/pdf4/98/9745/974406-husky/hu80833.pdf?2c358ad91e765c886f460ee47d5e44ea

http://www.ppe-pressure-washer-parts.com/product/PWVR24_2.3

https://www.apwdistributing.com/replacement-pump-308653005.html

http://www.ppe-pressure-washer-parts.com/files/1961581/uploaded/VERTICAL pump instructions 3.pdf

https://complaintwire.org/complaint/qKYBAAAAAAA/husky-hu80722-pressure-washer/3

I

ILENGINE

From the picture showing the inlet and outlet ports, there is a fair amount of corrosion inside that pump, and leads me to believe there is more that could be wrong than just a supposed bearing issue.

P

Pammy

Thank you all for the information. It has been a huge help.

Boobala

Boobala

Thank you all for the information. It has been a huge help.

Hey Pammy ...... what did you decide, if anything ??

P

Pammy

Going to get a new PW. If I could get a new pump for a cheaper price, I would just replace the pump and roll on. I share this machine with another couple and see that I needed to be the one to store it each winter. Lesson learned.

Boobala

Boobala

Hello again Pammy, well sorry things didn't work out on that pump so well, since you decided on a new machine, thought I'd give you a few pics of a GOOD type machine, not necessarily to buy these but something similar, just try to buy one with a tri-plex type pump.. keep us up-dated ........

http://www.watercannon.com/p-2708-honda-gx200-65hp-ar-pump-28gpm-3300psi.aspx

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Simpson...e-Washer-Powered-by-HONDA-ALH3228-S/300912604