Export thread

HR215SXA Transmission Question

Highmaster2

Highmaster2

Hi,

Have an HR215SXA Master Series that I got used about 8 or 9 years ago. While the transmission seems to be working perfectly, I know that at some point it would probably be prudent to check/top off/replace the gear lube in the transmission (all 6.7 ounces of it). Have no idea if it's ever been changed or not.

I apologize if I missed something in the shop manual, but is there any way to get to the lube other than breaking open the transmission case?

Thanks!

G

golfergordy

I removed the trans from my recently obtained used HR215SXA to install a new trans clutch cable and thought about changing the trans oil while the trans was off of the mower. I removed a bolt which I thought was a fill/drain plug, but nothing drained out. I didn't want to crack open the case since the trans seemed to work fine on the bench with the new cable, and I didn't want any delays if I had to get a new gasket (if one were required) so I just reinstalled the trans. All works fine now. Sorry that I can't give you precise information on changing the trans oil, but I am also interested to hear if anyone knows how to do this maintenance task.