How to remove rear wheel on Cub Cadet 1018.

bwfrjr

Forum Newbie
Threads
We recently purchased a used Cub Cadet 1018. Rear tire came off while daughter was mowing. Need to remove the rim (and tire) so can take and have repaired. However, wheel turns whenever I try to loosen lug nuts. So far I have only loosened one of the four. Am at a loss on how to keep wheel from turning while attempting to loosen the nuts. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :frown:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
We recently purchased a used Cub Cadet 1018. Rear tire came off while daughter was mowing. Need to remove the rim (and tire) so can take and have repaired. However, wheel turns whenever I try to loosen lug nuts. So far I have only loosened one of the four. Am at a loss on how to keep wheel from turning while attempting to loosen the nuts. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :frown:

How are you trying to remove the lug nuts? Try leaving the mower on the ground and loosen the nuts then lift the mower to remove them. They were probably put on with an Impact driver.

bwfrjr

Forum Newbie
Threads

Having changed a few tires o'er the years, we do have the wheels sitting on the ground. Suspect you are right re the impact driver. Nuts are on very tight. each time I try to loosen a nut, wheel turns. Have noted some holes in rim, near nuts, and have attempted to restrain wheel from turning by inserting bars but no place to secure the ends to keep wheel in place, etc.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Having changed a few tires o'er the years, we do have the wheels sitting on the ground. Suspect you are right re the impact driver. Nuts are on very tight. each time I try to loosen a nut, wheel turns. Have noted some holes in rim, near nuts, and have attempted to restrain wheel from turning by inserting bars but no place to secure the ends to keep wheel in place, etc.

Les schwab torqued my jeeps tires to much I had to use my 1/2 drive ratchet with small extention and a 5 pound hand sledge to loosen every lug nut 20 ugh long day for switching tires try letting air out and wedging the tire somehow and use this technique

Threads
I moved your thread to the Cub Cadet Forum. :smile: