How to remove fuel tank from John Deere LT-150

mucksiegooma

Threads
Need detailed instructions how to remove fuel tank from my LT-150.

Please advise.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Easy to do , hard to explain.

You can no longer get a diagram that shows you the tank mountings because John Deere got a computer wanker who has never pulled a toy car apart let alone a mower to redesign their electronic parts listings.
So naturally it is total trash and 100% useless to anyone other than a computer nerd who lobedo is lagging so he can play with it and get sexually stimulated.
I am yet to find a dealer who can use it and the ones I deal with bitch endlessly that it now take 10 minutes to find a part number and makes them look stupid to their customers on the other side of the counters and these are the people who actually know what they are looking for.

So the tank is held in with some bolts that go through tabs moulded into the tank itself plus one or more steel bracket.
Usually I would go to the IPL and check but the IDIOT MORON APOPLECTIC ACCOUNTANT pretending to be a manager who authorised the new parts lists has made it impossible to find the tank mounts so I can not check for you.
I think there are 2 but can not be sure.

Deleted instructions because they were wrong.
Left the rant in , hopefully some one from JD will read it .

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 97405

Easy to do , hard to explain.
When the mower was made the tank went on the frame & got hooked up then the rear guard & foot board plastic panel went on then the seat went on then the dash tower went on then the steering shaft went through the dash
You can no longer get a diagram that shows you the tank mountings because John Deere got a computer wanker who has never pulled a toy car apart let alone a mower to redesign their electronic parts listings.
So naturally it is total trash and 100% useless to anyone other than a computer nerd who lobedo is lagging so he can play with it and get sexually stimulated.
I am yet to find a dealer who can use it and the ones I deal with bitch endlessly that it now take 10 minutes to find a part number and makes them look stupid to their customers on the other side of the counters and these are the people who actually know what they are looking for.

So the tank is held in with some bolts that go through tabs moulded into the tank itself plus one or more steel bracket.
Usually I would go to the IPL and check but the IDIOT MORON APOPLECTIC ACCOUNTANT pretending to be a manager who authorised the new parts lists has made it impossible to find the tank mounts so I can not check for you.
I think there are 2 but can not be sure.

You will need to pull the left wheel off for sure and perhaps the right as well to get to the brackets & fittings
After that raise the rear guard a little and to do that I think you have to remove the 2 bolts that hold the seat in place
They go through the middle of the springs
Then disconnect the fuel line, better than average chance that it will break the elbow that goes through the tank
Then undo the bolts that hold the tank in and the bracket (s)
Remove the fuel cap as it wont go through the hole in the guard
If the guard is high enough to clear the filler cap the tank will pull out to the rear

BE very careful lifting the guard as it is plastic and will be quite brittle by now

With all due respect, I would like to correct some misinformation here. The fenderdeck on the LT150 is welded to the frame.
You cannot remove it or unbolt it. Bertsmobile1, I believe you are referring to the 100 series machines (i.e. L110, LA110, D110, E110, etc). You are correct, those are a real pain in the butt to get the tank out of, especially the newer black molded tanks! Loosening the dash and steering is a pain as well. You would think Deere could design something better, but those machines were designed for a 5-7 year lifespan. So Deere was probably thinking the unit would be trash before someone would need to remove the tank. But with some patience and ingenuity, you can get the tank to rotate to the right and come out under the right fender between the raised fenderdeck and frame (with the wheel removed of course). Took me several units to figure that out! But back to the question at hand....

To remove the tank on the LT150 is simple:

1. Remove the left rear wheel.
2. Remove the bracket under the filler neck. (2 bolts with 13mm heads.)
3. Slide a 13mm wrench up behind the rear hitch area and remove the two bolts securing the bottom of the tank.
4. Remove the fuel cap.
5. At this point, the tank will slide down enough so you can remove the fuel line with a pair of pliers.
6. Let the tank drop down and out.
7. That's it! I have done this 100's of times in the field and can have the tank out in less than 15 minutes. This is by far, the easiest tank to remove because you don't have to remove the fenderdeck to get to it!

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Will,
Never feel the need to apologise to me for correcting any thing I post.
I can be just as wrong as the next man & it is important that what is posted on forums like this is correct.
If I can still get back in I will delete the incorrect information in my post, if not then a plain thank you for pointing out my error is in order.