How many mowings a year???

Toler

Threads
On average how many mowings can i expect to have in a season. Yeah i know it depends on grass and climate, but whats an estimate. (missouri)

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Like you said... depends on various things... But I think you could figure 12 to 15 would catch the average in Kansas... yours is likely going to be the same...
More if you irrigate or have a lot of rain... :smile:KennyV

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
I usually start mowing about June/July, and finish in September/October.

I mow every week between those months, so I'd estimate from 12-20 mows depending on when I start and end the season, which varies every year here in Scotland.

ad landscaping

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here in Southern Ontario, we mow weekly from 26-30 weeks between April and November. But it really depends on a few factors;
treatment schedule
irrigation/rain
weather for the season.

Sammy the Red

Threads
I always figure around 24 - 26 for most lawns.
Some a little less, some a little more.

ruff1951

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here in Ohio. I can figure on about 24 cuttings on the average. But then it depends on a few factors. Does the lawn get treated on a regular basis? How much rain we get in a season. Some lawns have more shade then others and don't grow as fast. So these lawns may only get cut every two weeks.

JaRod12345

Threads
I mow around 15 to 25 per year but the grass grows faster in the shade and you will have to mow the lawn more but what about the part that is still short if you mow it to much it gets brown and dusty so water it (or have lawn owner water it) around 7:30 PM or in the morning around 8:00 so the water does not burn the grass but don't water the grass where it grows fast and put some fertilizer down I put down scots early feed

fastback

Threads
Normally, I cut the grass every 3 or 4 days. It grows very fast. This year because of the gas prices I'm trying to extend this time. I wish I could get it to 1 per week, but I doubt it. I guess I'm some where around 45 plus time per year. That's a lot of fuel.