Tires how do i remove tire from rim

Dongill

Forum Newbie
Threads
this is a Toro riding mower front tire.It has a tube inside and its not damaged yet.I think tire was low and while mowing valve stem slipped inside

LandN

Threads
use 2 tire removal tools(pry bars)...or smooth,rounded, large screwdrivers,lots of rubber lube, and a lot of patience.after you break loose the tire bead on the rim,take one pry bar and CAREFULLY pry the tire bead up over the rim(careful to not catch the tube) and leave the pry bar right where its at and take the second pry bar and do the same thing a few inches away from the first one WHILE you are making sure the tire bead on the opposite end is UNDER the rim seating area(giving you more room to walk the tire off) with your pry bars.remove tube.make sure the tube(stem) is in the right direction when reinstalling.to take the bottom bead off same as the top bead.

fastback

Threads
Those small tires can be tough to remove. In fact the smaller the harder it is to remove. LandN gave the right procedure another option would be to purchase a small tire changer from some place like Harbor Freight. I used one on my last change it really made a difference.

Mower manic

Threads
this is a Toro riding mower front tire.It has a tube inside and its not damaged yet.I think tire was low and while mowing valve stem slipped inside

Sounds like you could fix that without removing the tire. Just get it off the bead, reach in with your finger, find the valve stem and rotate the tube back to the correct position, put the stem back through the hole, resaer and inflate.
Good luck

Dongill

Forum Newbie
Threads
LandN you are totally correct,the trick is to unseat the opposite side of the bead you are trying to "pry"up.My biggest problem was the tube was 3/4 full with air and the valve stem was hidden,If i popped the tube it would of been easy.I saved the tube and all is good.Thank you for your help