How can I test John Deere 100 Series Mower Transmission without the Mower Running

stotzbotz

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / How can I test John Deere 100 Series Mower Transmission without the Mower Running
Hello. Just wondering if there is a way to check my transmission that is currently in my John Deere 100 series mower without the mower running. I'm parting out this mower and want to remove and sell the transmission to someone who can use it but want to make sure it's working first. It's been so long since this mower was purchased I can't remember if the transmission was working or not. Can I just remove it and spin the pulley on top with something to see if there's movement? Any ideas would be appreciated.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
  • / How can I test John Deere 100 Series Mower Transmission without the Mower Running
Depends if it is a manual or hydrostatic. Hydrostatic needs to under a load the test properly.

stotzbotz

Forum Newbie
Threads
It's an automatic so I better just sell it for parts or repair and untested

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have a tilt trailer
When I pick up a mower for service I test the tranny when unloading
A perfect tranny will be hard to push off the trailer & stop moving when I stop pushing
A bad tranny will race off the second I release the tie down
A totally stuffed tranny will slip before I can load it