hord Star and Surging

vabear

Threads
Troy Bilt 2011 860 variable speed walk behind and today when I went to start her (recoil starter) she was relly slow to start (sveral pulls (no choke model B&S Quantum) and after she started she would surge and then occasionally die. I dumped fuel tank added fresh fuel and got same result, so I went all the way to pulling float bowl and cleaning float and needle (all seemed to work fine) I next took of fuel line to check for flow and that was good so I blew line out and ran carb cleaner down the line.Put all back together, checked air filter and spark plug and all were good, put in fresh fuel and started her up, she balked a first, then smoothed out and ran fine but at low RPM and finally went to high RPM and she seemed fine. Shut her down and let her sit for an hour, went to restart and she started and went to a very low RPM and so I waited and she seemed to pick up RPM but not to the high RPM I expect so I put her away for a day. Also checked butterfly and it works fine. What am I missing?

vabear

Threads
Re: hard Statr and Surging

Well DUH after all my work my brain kicked in and said hey dummy how about condensation in the fuel. YUP a bit of HEET and we are off and running.