Export thread

honda hrb215 transmission problem

H

honda1

hello I am a new member to this forum I have a an older Honda lawnmower model HRB215K4SDA MZBA 6422565 which is a 3 speed now the speed selector doesn't work at all can any one please lead me in the right direction as to the problem or a service procedure to fix
thx Honda1

EngineMan

EngineMan

See if the cable is not off or broken at the transmission end, check also if the belt is OK, then come back.

Briana

Briana

Welcome to LawnWorld!

I moved your thread to the Honda forum. :smile:

robert@honda

robert@honda

hello I am a new member to this forum I have a an older Honda lawnmower model HRB215K4SDA MZBA 6422565 which is a 3 speed now the speed selector doesn't work at all can any one please lead me in the right direction as to the problem or a service procedure to fix
thx Honda1

Check cable first. Confirm it is moving the change lever on the transmission. Here are a few pages from the shop manual...

Note the slotted fitting at the transmission end of the cable; this is to allow adjustment as the cable wears/stretches over time.

sx3_zpse11905dd.jpg

sx2_zps62e4dcbd.jpg

sx1_zpsa0c74359.jpg

sx4_zpsb85b2b2a.jpg

H

honda1

thank you very much robert@honda and Engine Man found the problem the tension spring was completely off the hook I re attached it and works perfectly I appreciated your pages of manual will keep them for future problems if any

EngineMan

EngineMan

Good to know you have it working again..:thumbsup: