Blades Honda hr215hxa

John Mitchko

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought the above model used, knowing the self-propel did not work. My lawn is a "postage stamp" and level and I figured my wife could easily mow it with this machine. However, we didn't realize the weight of the beast and we are both seniors, so it was nearly impossible to push it. We saw a Craftsman advertised and bought that, thinking we could resell the Honda. A friend is pretty handy with small engines and we had him look at it to see if the self-propel could be easily repaired and we could get more than the $100 we spent on it. He bought $25 in parts, installed them, but the self-propel still was inoperable. He said to go further with the repairs would be ill-advised because of additional cost. Okay, so now we're $125 in debt on the darn thing. The blade engaged just fine prior to his work but, afterwards, refuses to engage. We asked him to take a further look at it to see if the blade can be engaged. He agreed it was working before his repair but he seems reluctant to help us any further. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could look for or try to get those blades engaging again? Some friend!!

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
make him fix it,-- he broke it didn't he? just kidding -- can't help you here:)

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry to say, but you don't have many options. The repairman knows he got in over his head with this model and there is no reason to try to get him to do anything. He's lost and you are out the twenty five bucks you paid him. This particular model is not an easy one to repair, unless you have a more than average knowledge of Honda mowers. You have a good mower, so you will have to make a tough choice. Either take it to a qualified repair shop and get an estimate on repairs or cut your losses and junk it out. If it was me, I would get an estimate, before making a final decision. Sorry, but I have to be honest and sometimes it is hard to do.