Honda Harmony 2013 /2113 Hydrostatic Transmission rebuild help

Matman1t

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Honda Harmony 2013 /2113 Hydrostatic Transmission rebuild help
I've bought a 2013 hydrostatic transmission that I'm hoping I can revive.
motor is runnung awesome, but the Hydrostatic transmission wasnt moving.
I pulled the transmission, split the cases and removed the hydrostatic pump from the inside of the case.
I'm no expert, but found the transmission fluid and all internals to appear to be in great shape?
I found the driven primary pump and driven pump only showed a very slight acratch in the pump body wear surface.
i double checked the brake plates, all good,
Im wondering if someone has been in here before me and didnt put all the parts back in?
Does anyone have a "parts diagram" screenshot they can share...specifically of the internals of the hydrostatic pump Shown in the attached photo.
2. Does anyone have the service manual with the Hydrostatic pump service manual supplement? I need to know if there is a start up procedure or bleefing process when first starting the Engine after rebuilding the Hydrostatic pump?
All of your feedback and ideas are greatly appreciated!!

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
I've bought a 2013 hydrostatic transmission that I'm hoping I can revive.
motor is runnung awesome, but the Hydrostatic transmission wasnt moving.
I pulled the transmission, split the cases and removed the hydrostatic pump from the inside of the case.
I'm no expert, but found the transmission fluid and all internals to appear to be in great shape?
I found the driven primary pump and driven pump only showed a very slight acratch in the pump body wear surface.
i double checked the brake plates, all good,
Im wondering if someone has been in here before me and didnt put all the parts back in?
Does anyone have a "parts diagram" screenshot they can share...specifically of the internals of the hydrostatic pump Shown in the attached photo.
2. Does anyone have the service manual with the Hydrostatic pump service manual supplement? I need to know if there is a start up procedure or bleefing process when first starting the Engine after rebuilding the Hydrostatic pump?
All of your feedback and ideas are greatly appreciated!!
You say a slight scratch on pump cylinder face and valve plate where they both ride, correct? It doesn’t take much scoring of surfaces to affect forward and reverse movement. By the time you order the new parts, do all the labor yourself, you are approaching the approximate used value of the riding mower. You would need to find the diagram of that specific transaxle to search for “missing parts.” I would no advise you to go forward with repair, but you can’t break it if it is already broken. I applaud your motivation and interest to tackle this. Most people are lucky to throw in a new plug and tighten it correctly.

Matman1t

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes, I've cleaned up the slight scratches carefully and planarly. The pump surfaces and all looks excellent.
I've searched high and low for any parts diagrams for what's inside the hydrostatic pump housing, however all I've found is the picture of the pump, the pump's part number, and how the pump is only sold as an assembly ....and that its no longer available for purchase.
So I can't buy parts for it, and I can't find what's supposed to be inside, hoping any experts here might know?
I've taken on this project knowing that it would be a challenge, but its tough to say no when the motor runs so good!

At this point, I'm thinking I'm not able to get fluid through the pump(priming), or I may be missing 2 springs behind the easily acccesible allen head cap bolts covering the "ball check valves", can anyone confirm?
I've uploaded 2 photos of the caps over the springs and wondering if there should be springs behind the caps?
I see the other photos I tried to attach were too large for the forum. I reduced the size and successfully attached the ones here If the side of the pump housing...
I appreciate your help!

Attachments

• IMG_5425.jpeg
    IMG_5425.jpeg
    493.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5628.jpeg
    IMG_5628.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 4