Export thread

Homemade Snowplow

D

dmsharre

This is the snowplow I've made with materials in my garage. So far I've spent around $10!

Attachments

sdsra

sdsra

Nice job on the plow.:thumbsup:My son has one that he made a few years ago and has used it many times. If I didn't already say this, welcome to the LMF. I'm Bob from Carlisle Pa.

bwdbrn1

bwdbrn1

Nice! Can you share some photos of the blade?

sdsra

sdsra

Nice! Can you share some photos of the blade?

He lives a distance from me and I don't know when I'll get there next and he has no camera to email me pics....sorry:frown:

bwdbrn1

bwdbrn1

Looks like something that could be done to add a snow blade to the front of a Snapper RER since they don't offer them any longer.

metz12

metz12

cool. you using sliders?

D

dmsharre

cool. you using sliders?

No sliders. I tried to engineer some but it didn't work out. I have a piece of flat iron on the front that I have mounted about an 1/ 8" below the front of the plow. It scrapes well and I just go slow as to not "jar" myself or the mower when it digs in. I have a foot controlled pulley system so I can raise it when it gets hung up.

metz12

metz12

No sliders. I tried to engineer some but it didn't work out. I have a piece of flat iron on the front that I have mounted about an 1/ 8" below the front of the plow. It scrapes well and I just go slow as to not "jar" myself or the mower when it digs in. I have a foot controlled pulley system so I can raise it when it gets hung up.

i rigged a plow on my crafttsman last year. its an mtd plow that i got for free. i have pictures on here if you go to my pictures. i recently got all of the bugs out of it and it works great but now i want to put a foot step thing so i can lift the plow with my foot because the handle goes way to low to hold it up and to hook it on the little j hook i have mounted on the foot pad.

D

dmsharre

i rigged a plow on my crafttsman last year. its an mtd plow that i got for free. i have pictures on here if you go to my pictures. i recently got all of the bugs out of it and it works great but now i want to put a foot step thing so i can lift the plow with my foot because the handle goes way to low to hold it up and to hook it on the little j hook i have mounted on the foot pad.

I'd like to see a pic if you have one

metz12

metz12

Thanks fanatic. I recently just upgraded it with a steel rod for the pivot point, another 2x4 on the back and 45deg. angle supports. works alot better now.

D

dmsharre

Thanks fanatic. I recently just upgraded it with a steel rod for the pivot point, another 2x4 on the back and 45deg. angle supports. works alot better now.

Could you post some pics of how it angles?

metz12

metz12

the plow itself angles. you take a pin out and move the plow angles to the left or the right. its not in the mount itself.

D

dmsharre

This is the rear rack I just made for added weight. Not bad, looks decent too.

Attachments

D

dmsharre

And yes I'm going to add a cable and support to the other side as well. The Pacer game is on now so I'm done for the night.

D

dmsharre

the plow itself angles. you take a pin out and move the plow angles to the left or the right. its not in the mount itself.

How does the angle plate attach to your push arms?

metz12

metz12

How does the angle plate attach to your push arms?

well now, i drilled a hole through a 2x4 and put a piece of roundstock steel through it. i drilled bigger holes in the tractor frame down pieces and put the ends of roundstock through them and put a pin so it couldnt come out.

metz12

metz12

tomorrow i will try to get pictures to show you now how i did it. its kind of dark now:laughing: i also have a weight box for my tractor too. i recently just put a redneck rigged support on it too. screwed a random 2x4 i found with nails sticking out cut an angle to hook onto the ball hitch mount on the back and screwed it through the bottom of the box. i just put rocks in the back for extra weight. you have any pictures of your plow?

D

dmsharre

tomorrow i will try to get pictures to show you now how i did it. its kind of dark now:laughing: i also have a weight box for my tractor too. i recently just put a redneck rigged support on it too. screwed a random 2x4 i found with nails sticking out cut an angle to hook onto the ball hitch mount on the back and screwed it through the bottom of the box. i just put rocks in the back for extra weight. you have any pictures of your plow?

I thought I put them on the first post of this thread. I can do more if they're not there.