Export thread

Hi I am paps garage

P

paps garage

I help people keep their mowers running. I myself have a1966 cub cadet with a snow thrower,and a Craftsman zero turn that I purchased all apart and I reassembled to mow with this year.

NorthBama

NorthBama

Hello Paps How is the snow up your way.

P

paps garage

Hello Paps How is the snow up your way.

I am on top of the mountain and we got about 6 in with a lot of wind and a cold front, we are now at 22 degrees

NorthBama

NorthBama

We got our first snow of the year just enough to cover the grass almost gone now with sunshine and 33*

RDA.Lawns

RDA.Lawns

Have seen no snow here. I think to this point our coldest night was 30. Have yet to have a day that didn't get above 40+. I was mowing grass in January this year here. Crazy year. But I'm loving it. I am a little concerned about what the summer will be like.

NorthBama

NorthBama

Have seen no snow here. I think to this point our coldest night was 30. Have yet to have a day that didn't get above 40+. I was mowing grass in January this year here. Crazy year. But I'm loving it. I am a little concerned about what the summer will be like.

I am sure it gets hot in Texas as it does here in July and August. The humidity here in summer is unreal

RDA.Lawns

RDA.Lawns

The heat I can handle lack of rain is a business killer.

Catherine

Catherine

:welcome:

Happy to have you here!

NorthBama

NorthBama

The heat I can handle lack of rain is a business killer.

I hate take over Paps post but he no talk. I know what you mean about dry. I help a friend out at a small repair shop during the summer months and it was so dry here no repairs much after July. We were in a drought for about 3 months last summer. Wife and I were in your great state of Texas in February visiting some relatives in Sherman Texas had a great visit.

RDA.Lawns

RDA.Lawns

Sherman about a hour from me:) We suffered here last year from July to September. Dead grass dry n hot.

Boobala

Boobala

Sherman about a hour from me:) We suffered here last year from July to September. Dead grass dry n hot.

Would'nt it be something if a group of engineers got together and convinced the country to build lots of HUGE reservoirs & retention lakes ALL-OVER the country.. and link them by pipelines &/or canals with pumping stations. Sort of like a gigantic front yard !! with a super-sized lawn sprinkler system ?? we could move the melting New England snow to the mid-west drought areas as needed & prevent flooding along the Mississippi and other big rivers .. we could supply water to fight forest fires .. and provide drinking water in areas where needed .... Ahhh shoot.. dreamin again.. like those guys that built
the Hoover Dam , and Mount Rushmore, and the Interstate HighWays, and the guys that put us on the moon !!

RDA.Lawns

RDA.Lawns

Well that is against the principal of the government. Lol Why spend money on something useful.

Well that is against the principal of the government. Lol Why spend money on something useful.

Unfortunately, that seems to be true.