Export thread

Help Quick! Hustler Fastrac Question/Advice

Rooster7

Rooster7

I'm looking at getting a Hustler Fastrac ZRT. I mow 4 acres that is going to turn into closer to six next year when I plant grass around my tree rows.

Anyway, I was thinking of going with a 54" deck but my cousin who is in the lawn care business said not to go bigger than 48" because I will just end up with scalping problems and its harder to get in between trees etc.

I talked to a local guy this morning who used to sell Hustler for a dealership that closed and now sells them out of his home. He said since going out on his own 2 years ago, he has never sold a 48". He also said that all he has in stock are 54" decks and that he can sell me a 2011 54 at the same price as a 2012 48 with the same warranty. I'm going to go take a look in bit but I would really like some advice on this matter before I go.

Thanks!

Rooster

LHPopper

LHPopper

If I were going to mow 4 or 6 acres I sure would fo with a 54 or 60 in mowers. I mow 2.5 acres with a Hustler 54" and do not find scalping to be a problem. Getting around trees is not a problem for me. The Hustler is a great mower, well built and fund to operate.

Parkmower

Parkmower

Yeah I don't see any major difference between the two sizes. I'd go for the bigger one. My only concern would be if it fit thru the shed doors.

Rooster7

Rooster7

Thanks guys. I bought the 54" and have no regrets. I spent yesterday getting used to it by picking up leaves and dead grass with the lawn sweeper. What a fun machine to drive!

C'mon Grass! Grow!!!!!

:smile:

A

Albi22

What dealer in mn? Sounds like he has some deals..