HELP John Deere 135 Auto, 22HP OHV Twin will not start!

madmaxgt

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / HELP John Deere 135 Auto, 22HP OHV Twin will not start!
Hello, I went out to start my mower yesterday, and the battery was dead. I charged it all night and it did not hold, so I purchased a new one and installed. Mower cranked and started fine. Upon moving it off choke it stalled immediately "never has done this".

Now it will not start. It cranks well, has power, spark at the plugs, gas is good and flows to the carb?

This mower is a 2007, well maintained and has always started and ran great?

Any tips or suggestions, Thanks!

Mark

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello, I went out to start my mower yesterday, and the battery was dead. I charged it all night and it did not hold, so I purchased a new one and installed. Mower cranked and started fine. Upon moving it off choke it stalled immediately "never has done this".

Now it will not start. It cranks well, has power, spark at the plugs, gas is good and flows to the carb?

Mark
Well max, so it seems gas isn't getting into the cylinder so the plugs can start a fire in there. To confirm this you might try putting about a teaspoon of gas in the carburetor top opening after removing the air filter. If it fires then you might check the fuel solenoid on the carburetor for correct operation ( if it has one ).

That's all my old brain can do for now. Maybe I can tax it more later if this doesn't work.

DaveTN

Threads

Mark

Could be water or dirt in the carburetor bowl starving the engine for fuel. Take the carburetor bowl off and check it for contamination, clean and while you're at it squirt carburetor cleaner up into the main jet and move the float bowl up and down to see that it's not sticking. Then try it.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Check to see if the fuel shutoff solenoid is working properly.

skeen du

Forum Newbie
Threads
The problem with your mower is probably the seat pressure switch. If you let water get in your seat by parking it with the seat lifted while you wash it or it rains it will short out this switch. I had the same problem and it would not start until I set the park brake and pushed on the seat cushion over and over until the contacts in the seat sensor cleaned themselves. You may also have flooded the engine while the seat switch was causing problems. Hope that helps, it drove me crazy yesterday.

kujo89

Forum Newbie
Threads
My 135 has new battery but at times seems to not have enough juice to crank over.Happens now and any ideas Tks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First thing I would check is the valve clearances.