Comparison Help deciding between a D125/D130 or a X300

DonFrambach

Forum Newbie
Threads
Wonder if I can ask for some advice. I need to mow about a 1 1/2 acre piece of property that is nearly level with few obstructions but has weeds rather than a true lawn on it. The weeds are all small stem and I was able to do a pretty good job with an old Craftsman ride on mower that I borrowed from a neighbor. While the ground is nearly level there are many shallow furrows so the ride on the Craftsman was rather bumpy. Thinking that a D125 or D130 would probably do the job but wonder if an X300 would hold up better. Thoughts?

PJ

Threads
Wonder if I can ask for some advice. I need to mow about a 1 1/2 acre piece of property that is nearly level with few obstructions but has weeds rather than a true lawn on it. The weeds are all small stem and I was able to do a pretty good job with an old Craftsman ride on mower that I borrowed from a neighbor. While the ground is nearly level there are many shallow furrows so the ride on the Craftsman was rather bumpy. Thinking that a D125 or D130 would probably do the job but wonder if an X300 would hold up better. Thoughts?

A X300 will do an excellent job with what you have in mind for it it will last very if looked after.

Regards
PJ

NorthBama

Threads
A X300 will do an excellent job with what you have in mind for it it will last very if looked after.

Regards
PJ

I agree the X300 is a much better built machine

bricooper78

Threads
If that's all you're using it for, talk to a dealer. They even recommend the D100 series machines here, I've had a D110 for 5 years now, and am starting to plow snow with it, I have a hill, and my yard slopes, I've noticed sharp turns make an uneven cut, and coming down the hill off-kilter (that's technical talk for "at the wrong angle lol) will make a lower line of cut, but aside of that, for half the price, I've went from worrying constantly to being confident that regular upkeep is the key, and have had no problem aside of replacing 1 battery.

But the X series are the higher end, so yes, they will last longer, and are over-built some... but do you NEED that? or, do you want to PAY for that? Those are your questions young grasshopper.:biggrin:

johndeeretech

Forum Newbie
Threads
You get what you pay for first of all. X300 would be a great mower 4 year warrenty 300 hour. D series is ok deere has a newer model that's in the same class as D series but they call it a S240 that has a kawaski motor in it unlike the briggs and Straton engine in the D