Export thread

H.I.D. Headlights on my Cub Cadet

CajunCub

CajunCub

I bought a new Cub Cadet LTX 1046 a few weeks ago, I am so very pleased with everything about it....But, I thought that it would be "cool":cool:to put some more lights on it. I just recently installed some H.I.D.s on my sons' Ford Lightning, & really liked them. So, why not my lawn mower, there was enough voltage & amps, plenty of space, & I got the technical skills to do it. So, to the ebay site I went...week later I got my kit. Installed it yesterday, "IT'S OFF Da' HOOK"! I was laughing my a$$ off! I gotta get yall some pictures, be on the look out! Photos to come. BTW---my wife says I'm crazy!:confused2:

mystreba

mystreba

I bought a new Cub Cadet LTX 1046 a few weeks ago, I am so very pleased with everything about it....But, I thought that it would be "cool":cool:to put some more lights on it. I just recently installed some H.I.D.s on my sons' Ford Lightning, & really liked them. So, why not my lawn mower, there was enough voltage & amps, plenty of space, & I got the technical skills to do it. So, to the ebay site I went...week later I got my kit. Installed it yesterday, "IT'S OFF Da' HOOK"! I was laughing my a$$ off! I gotta get yall some pictures, be on the look out! Photos to come. BTW---my wife says I'm crazy!:confused2:

As a BMW enthusiast and erstwhile collector - I have GOT to see this! Anxiously awaiting pics.

and yes, you are crazy

CajunCub

CajunCub

Re: H.I.D. Headlights on my Cub Cadet {Pictures NOW HERE}

OK, here you go....10,000k H.I.D.s (Ice Blue) lights on a my new Cub Cadet LTX 1046 riding lawn mower:laughing:
Before....
2157124800046622948S500x500Q85.jpg

After....:eek:
2283314280046622948S500x500Q85.jpg

2523965930046622948S500x500Q85.jpg

:shocked: I'm BLIND!!!!!

mystreba

mystreba

OK, here you go....10,000k H.I.D.s (Ice Blue) lights on a my new Cub Cadet LTX 1046 riding lawn mower:laughing:

That's sick! Can you do angel eyes as well? :thumbsup:

Seriously, they look great. I have some questions though.

1 - Is your tractor wired for full-time headlamps?
2 - What is the power impact?
3 - I don't believe that your headlight assemblies are sealed. How are you going to keep moisture from wreaking havoc with the HID elements?

bakerg

bakerg

Before....

The grass is going to see you coming when you mow a night.:laughing:

CajunCub

CajunCub

Yes, it came wired for full time running lights....But now with the H.I.D. relay wiring kit they are now on a toggle switch. The headlight globs were not sealed, so I RTV clear siliconed them sealed up tight. Also, the heat from these lights run way cooler tempature wise than the stock 1156s, so they won't melt the plastic lenses either. I did my S*** right! That's just how I do things. BTW, I also cured that dang seat safety switch while I was at it!

S

Sal

Yes, it came wired for full time running lights....But now with the H.I.D. relay wiring kit they are now on a toggle switch. The headlight globs were not sealed, so I RTV clear siliconed them sealed up tight. Also, the heat from these lights run way cooler tempature wise than the stock 1156s, so they won't melt the plastic lenses either. I did my S*** right! That's just how I do things. BTW, I also cured that dang seat safety switch while I was at it!

Do you think this will work on my john Deere 322? I don't have the skills but have the money to have
it done. Just don't want to burn anything up.

CajunCub

CajunCub

Yeah, if you get a kit with the start-up relay wiring kit it only takes a few amps to run the relay. The power is drawn from the battery direct. Just look on ebay for a kit that includes all wiring and pick a lamp style close to your bulbs in your mower...Then get ready to use a dremmel tool & silicone. Good Luck!

B

benski

Yeah, if you get a kit with the start-up relay wiring kit it only takes a few amps to run the relay. The power is drawn from the battery direct. Just look on ebay for a kit that includes all wiring and pick a lamp style close to your bulbs in your mower...Then get ready to use a dremmel tool & silicone. Good Luck!

That is cool, IMHO.:cool: Unnecessary for my needs, but very cool.:thumbsup:

C

Chosen

I just cured the seat safety on my 1046 KW. Easy, clean and reversible. Just popped the switch out from under the seat, put a washer over the button, taped it down with a few layers of Gorilla tape, zip tied it around the seat spring and done!

How did you do yours?

djdicetn

djdicetn

Before....

CajunCub,
All I see on your post is red X's where the pictures should be. How did you attach those(using "Manage Attachments" at the bottom of this page or cut/paste) and are they JPEG files??? I can't see your handiwork:0(
P.S.
Below is a picture of the Advance Auto Parts Off-Road Halogen light kit I put on my Gravely ZTR(for < $40 total).

Attachments

F

fatcar28

I bought a new Cub Cadet LTX 1046 a few weeks ago, I am so very pleased with everything about it....But, I thought that it would be "cool":cool:to put some more lights on it. I just recently installed some H.I.D.s on my sons' Ford Lightning, & really liked them. So, why not my lawn mower, there was enough voltage & amps, plenty of space, & I got the technical skills to do it. So, to the ebay site I went...week later I got my kit. Installed it yesterday, "IT'S OFF Da' HOOK"! I was laughing my ***** off! I gotta get yall some pictures, be on the look out! Photos to come. BTW---my wife says I'm crazy!:confused2:

i have the same mower and i think this is awesome and would like to do this what type of bulb did you use. the one i have are to small and the go through the hole