Export thread

Grease fittings

N

NoviceJM

Where will I find a grease (zerk) fitting? Is there a way to locate all of them?

Boobala

Boobala

Where will I find a grease (zerk) fitting? Is there a way to locate all of them?

Zerks are USUALLY found on movable ( steering ) or rotating parts ( axles,wheels, shafts ) (concerning mowers)
your owners manual usually provides a location diagram in the routine maintenance section. Most service & repair manuals may also mention them.

N

NoviceJM

Zerks are USUALLY found on movable ( steering ) or rotating parts ( axles,wheels, shafts ) (concerning mowers)
your owners manual usually provides a location diagram in the routine maintenance section. Most service & repair manuals may also mention them.

Thank you for your quick response. Do you know the size of the fitting? I looked at Amazon for new zerk fittings and found different sizes. I do not plan on replacing many so would only be looking for a few and would like the size for the mower. Your help is appreciated.

Boobala

Boobala

Thank you for your quick response. Do you know the size of the fitting? I looked at Amazon for new zerk fittings and found different sizes. I do not plan on replacing many so would only be looking for a few and would like the size for the mower. Your help is appreciated.

Sorry, THAT... I don't know .. what I can tell you is... make sure of the CORRECT size ....METRIC or SAE threads
the only way I have found the size of mine is by actually removing it and checking it with a thread gauge .
be VERY careful removing or installing... it's a NIGHTMARE trying to remove a broken off fitting or repair one that is CROSS-THREADED ... access is usually limited..!!

N

NoviceJM

Sorry, THAT... I don't know .. what I can tell you is... make sure of the CORRECT size ....METRIC or SAE threads
the only way I have found the size of mine is by actually removing it and checking it with a thread gauge .
be VERY careful removing or installing... it's a NIGHTMARE trying to remove a broken off fitting or repair one that is CROSS-THREADED ... access is usually limited..!!

Thanks again and that should be all the questions I have for now. I thoroughly understand what you wrote about removing the fitting. I did that on one wheel and it was a nightmare fitting it back in. I was very careful not to force anything. Thanks again and have a great day.