Export thread

Gravely ZT HD 52 or Pro Turn 52

L

limerock

Hi,
I'm a home owner who cuts about 5 acres. I'm looking to buy either the ZT HD 52" or the Pro Turn 52"? The price is only about $700 difference at my local dealer. I know there are a few differences, but is the upgrade worth the additional price? Would the pro turn outlast the HD model? Thanks

djdicetn

djdicetn

Hi,
I'm a home owner who cuts about 5 acres. I'm looking to buy either the ZT HD 52" or the Pro Turn 52"? The price is only about $700 difference at my local dealer. I know there are a few differences, but is the upgrade worth the additional price? Would the pro turn outlast the HD model? Thanks

Yes and yes!!! For what you are mowing you really need the upgrade to the Pro-Turn which has more commercial features than the ZT HD. Very well worth the extra $700!!

DSepe

Pro-turn for sure! That's a lotta lawn to mow!

A

acacia987

wow. that does sound like a good deal.
better engine FS over the FR
bigger tires
suspension seat
better hydros
ROPS

im looking at the same models but with the 60 " deck, my dealer wants 1400 for that upgrade.For my 2 fairly flat acres i cant justify it though.

djdicetn

djdicetn

wow. that does sound like a good deal.
better engine FS over the FR
bigger tires
suspension seat
better hydros
ROPS

im looking at the same models but with the 60 " deck, my dealer wants 1400 for that upgrade.For my 2 fairly flat acres i cant justify it though.
That's about the same amount of mowing I do with my 52". You would find the Pro-Turn 52 to meet your needs easily.

A

acacia987

That's about the same amount of mowing I do with my 52". You would find the Pro-Turn 52 to meet your needs easily.

Most likely I'm going with the zthd60. The Pro-Turn seems like overkill for my situation.

djdicetn

djdicetn

Most likely I'm going with the zthd60. The Pro-Turn seems like overkill for my situation.

Yep, the ZT HD will meet your needs and anything beyond that would be a little overkill. I know the price difference between the 52" ZT HD and 60" ZT HD is only $100, but it may be worth it just for the upgrade from the 691 to the 730 Kawa. Otherwise, the 52" would cut your yard(2 acres) in around 45 minutes to 1 hour max.

L

limerock

Yep, the ZT HD will meet your needs and anything beyond that would be a little overkill. I know the price difference between the 52" ZT HD and 60" ZT HD is only $100, but it may be worth it just for the upgrade from the 691 to the 730 Kawa. Otherwise, the 52" would cut your yard(2 acres) in around 45 minutes to 1 hour max.

Thanks for the input. I went for the pro turn 52. The 60 inch would not fit on my trailer. So far I love it. It has cut my mowing time in half from my old tractor mower. It also handles the slopes I mow much better.

djdicetn

djdicetn

Thanks for the input. I went for the pro turn 52. The 60 inch would not fit on my trailer. So far I love it. It has cut my mowing time in half from my old tractor mower. It also handles the slopes I mow much better.

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the growing Gravely family on the forum!!! You're gonna love your Gravely(when you are ready to add some good accessories I can HIGHLY recommend the Gravely mulch kit). Post some pictures when you have a chance(we wanna see it:0)

DSepe

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the growing Gravely family on the forum!!! You're gonna love your Gravely(when you are ready to add some good accessories I can HIGHLY recommend the Gravely mulch kit). Post some pictures when you have a chance(we wanna see it:0)
Djdicetn do you have this copied in clipboard because I've seen it verbatim on other Gravely buyers...if from memory that's impressive lol

djdicetn

djdicetn

Djdicetn do you have this copied in clipboard because I've seen it verbatim on other Gravely buyers...if from memory that's impressive lol

I've posted a similar "welcome" at least 25 times over the last couple of years....so it just comes naturally:0)
Maybe I should challenge one of the admins to research ALL threads where a user says "I just bought a __________" ZTR and post a sticky with some statistics of which brand has "grown the most" over the last year. I'm betting that Gravely, Hustler and Ferris would be in the top 5!!!!

DSepe

I've posted a similar "welcome" at least 25 times over the last couple of years....so it just comes naturally:0) Maybe I should challenge one of the admins to research ALL threads where a user says "I just bought a __________" ZTR and post a sticky with some statistics of which brand has "grown the most" over the last year. I'm betting that Gravely, Hustler and Ferris would be in the top 5!!!!
Gravely for sure! I've noticed a ton of new gravely buyers. They have been winning a lot of people over. As you said the hustler, especially the Raptor and Fasttrak have had a lot of success lately. My final brand decision was Bob-cat, Hustler, Gravely...but then the Ferris dealer came in with an offer I couldn't refuse. Also the Gravely dealer was rude and uninformed about the quality product he was selling.

Gary L.

Gary L.

I have only mowed one time with it, but I am really impressed with my Gravely so far. I don't ever remember hoping for the grass to grow faster just so I can mow it!

djdicetn

djdicetn

Gravely for sure! I've noticed a ton of new gravely buyers. They have been winning a lot of people over. As you said the hustler, especially the Raptor and Fasttrak have had a lot of success lately. My final brand decision was Bob-cat, Hustler, Gravely...but then the Ferris dealer came in with an offer I couldn't refuse. Also the Gravely dealer was rude and uninformed about the quality product he was selling.

I hear ya...I love my Gravely, but I would have recommended that you buy the Ferris because the Gravely dealer was an ahole. As much as we pay for these machines we don't want to have to tolerate a dealer like that for 3 years/1,000 Hours:0)

L

limerock

I'm loving mine so far. I've only got 5 hrs on it. How often do you sharpen your blades? Are there any aftermarket blades that are better than the standard equipment?

djdicetn

djdicetn

I'm loving mine so far. I've only got 5 hrs on it. How often do you sharpen your blades? Are there any aftermarket blades that are better than the standard equipment?

It is recommended that you sharpen & balance the blades every 25 hours and that's the schedule I've followed. A lot of ZTR owners talk about how good Gator blades are, but so far I've only used the Gravely OEM blades that came on mine and the Gravely OEM mulch blades that came with the mulch kit. I may look at Gator blades when my mulch blades are worn out bit that'll probably be several years down the road. If I were looking for replacement blades I'd probably try to find some that had the same width and weight as the Gravely OEM blades, in addition to the length, as I understand different weight/dimension blades cut differently. I'm very happy with the cut of the OEM blades.