Gravely no start

TDog225

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Gravely 60' commercial lawnmower with a 26/hp Kawasaki engine. A couple of days ago, I cut a few yards and when I got home I couldn't get my mower started. This was the first time this had happen. I called a friend over who knows about mowers. He did get it cranked one time with booster cables, but turned it off and he couldn't get it crank again. The mower doesn't even turn over. He did some trouble shooting and he came up with the solenoid being bad. I had the solenoid replaced and I installed the starter. At first I couldn't get it started and finally it started after I kept fooling with it. Turned the mower off a couple times and it started back. I left from the area for a few minutes and I could still hear it running and then it turn off on its own and I couldn't get it started again. It's doing the same thing it was doing at first. When you turn the ignition switch you can hear a winding sound at the relays mounted by the gas tank. Thought it might be the relays so I swap out the relays from my other Gravely mower and I still can't get it started. It's not the relays. After I removed the relays from my other mower I found that they are not needed to start the mower. I'm stumped at this time. Has anyone in the community had this happen to them or maybe someone knows what the problem is. I would really appreciate the input.

Thanks!

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would start at the battery terminals and the battery, remove them and buff them with a wire brush and reinstall, as well as where the black one bolts to the frame.