Gravely mower

uffdave

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, my name is Dave, I live in Pewaukee WI, I ran across this forum while trying to find out what is wrong with my zero turn, so I thought I would give it a try.
(1) I have a Gravely Pro Turn 148 Zero Turn Mower.
(2) Mower won't start. I installed new battery.
(3) While cutting grass, after approximately 20 minutes, mower kills. Battery is dead.
(4) Mower starts right away when jump starting, and then kills again after 5-10 minutes of running.
(5) Ground wires and terminals clean.
I'm not that knowledgeable on electrical issues if this kind --- how do I troubleshoot this issue?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
*Find Product Manuals* enter your model & serial numbers to locate your service repair manual & wiring diagram. Check all electrical connections by hand ensuring all are tight & secure.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Hi and welcome to the forum (officially). :welcome:

I'm going to move your thread on over to the Gravely mower section to see if we can find you some more advice.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hi, my name is Dave, I live in Pewaukee WI, I ran across this forum while trying to find out what is wrong with my zero turn, so I thought I would give it a try.
(1) I have a Gravely Pro Turn 148 Zero Turn Mower.
(2) Mower won't start. I installed new battery.
(3) While cutting grass, after approximately 20 minutes, mower kills. Battery is dead.
(4) Mower starts right away when jump starting, and then kills again after 5-10 minutes of running.
(5) Ground wires and terminals clean.
I'm not that knowledgeable on electrical issues if this kind --- how do I troubleshoot this issue?

basically your mower is not making enough electricity to stay running.
Your engine has a solenoid that needs power to stay open. And the PTO also clutch requires power.
When you jump start you are getting enough power into the battery to run it & the blade solenoid for a small amount of time.

When running you should see around 14 V at the battery terminals if not the charging system has a problem.
The electricity comes from magnets & stator that are under the flywheel and is AC.
It then goes through adevice to convert it into DC so it can replenish the battery & run the PO clutch & fuel cut off solenoid.

So apart from checking all the wires that go into the engine ( usually behind the starter motor ), you will need to tell us what engine you have fitted so we can tell you what to measure where.