Attachments Grasshopper Aera-Vator

profgeek

Forum Newbie
Threads
In looking through the list of implements that Grasshopper offers for their machines, I saw the Aera-Vator. I know that these exist for tractors with PTOs, but just wondered if anyone here had any experience with the Grasshopper version. I expect they are pricey, but am more interested in how they work, reliability, etc.

bobbysr

Threads
To use the 40" Aera-Vator, your mower needs a factory installed hydraulic lift or an electric lift (get at dealer). The larger 60" Aera-Vator requires a factory installed hydraulic lift .

profgeek

Forum Newbie
Threads
To use the 40" Aera-Vator, your mower needs a factory installed hydraulic lift or an electric lift (get at dealer). The larger 60" Aera-Vator requires a factory installed hydraulic lift .

OK. I see that it also requires a 50 lb. counterweight. So it seems that the requirements for a 721DT are an electric lift and 50lb counterweight in addition to the 40" Model 440. How well does it work for overseeding or plain aeration? Since the process seems to have some advantages over standard plug aeration, how much more could one charge for the service, or would you just make it up in time savings? (Just thinking about ROI here).

bobbysr

Threads
I bought a new Grasshopper 729T a couple of month ago. I got the factory hydraulic lift and it comes with the
50lb counter weight. My intentions are to buy a used 60" Aera-Vator. I've seen lots of them for sale on the web. Changing gears I also have a 60" plow which works great, a 48" snowthrower that is a beast! I swallowed a whole Sunday newspaper and it shot right through it. I also have a 15 cubic foot bagger that I just use for leaves.