Export thread

Grasshopper 1990 1212 wiring

K

Kslivin

Started a rewire project on my 1212. The guy before me put a 12hp Kohler engine on it with different wiring from the original engine. I’ve tried to wire it up best I can figure from what the manual says but when I turn the key nothing happens.

The wiring harness has a green wire, where does this hook up at? It comes from the switch to a eyelet connector than branches off to a female spade than back to a eyelet. My manual doesn’t even show it. Also the red and yellow wires going to the engine. I hooked the red from one side of my coil to the (+) side of the relay solenoid. The yellow from what the manual says should go to the alternator but this engine doesn’t have one? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Boobala

Boobala

This should be the wiring diagram from the ORIGINAL engine, IT may have been a Briggs & Stratton ?? you haven't supplied enough information, and we need the model info. of the new replacement engine, THEN maybe... we can TRY to figure out the RE-wire for the swap.. Pics of the eng. wire conn. would also be helpful.

http://www.the-mower-shop-inc.com/1212/1212_1990_wiring.aspx