Grass Trimmer PP031 Stalls out

hosedagain

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 3100cc trimmer will start with full choke, but when I go to half choke it will stop. It will start again run for 5 to 10 seconds on full choke but will stall out again when I go to half choke.
I was told the carb needed rebuilding, got a rebuild kit, installed it, put it back together
and the same will happen, but doesn't stall out as quickly, I adjusted the carb, (screw with the spring on it) did make a difference but will stall out after a few minutes where before the rebuild it will stall out immediately when switching to half choke. There is a filter in the gas tank should I replace it or?
Thanks for your help
Ron

Ifixdit

Threads
I have a 3100cc trimmer will start with full choke, but when I go to half choke it will stop. It will start again run for 5 to 10 seconds on full choke but will stall out again when I go to half choke.
I was told the carb needed rebuilding, got a rebuild kit, installed it, put it back together
and the same will happen, but doesn't stall out as quickly, I adjusted the carb, (screw with the spring on it) did make a difference but will stall out after a few minutes where before the rebuild it will stall out immediately when switching to half choke. There is a filter in the gas tank should I replace it or?
Thanks for your help
Ron

Remove the air filter and blow through it. If you can hear air getting through, it should be fine. If you're worried about it, just replace it...they're cheap! I guess your carb is a Walbro or a Zama? Remove the small screen and blow it out Those screens easily clog up from varnicized fuel. If it's not very flimsy and you can't see through it, replace it. The screen is opposite to the needle and seat so if gas can't get through the screen it's not gonna run right. If you have the proper adjusting tools you can open both needles clockwise and see if that helps. Most likely you gotta clean the carb really well.

hosedagain

Forum Newbie
Threads
Remove the air filter and blow through it. If you can hear air getting through, it should be fine. If you're worried about it, just replace it...they're cheap! I guess your carb is a Walbro or a Zama? Remove the small screen and blow it out Those screens easily clog up from varnicized fuel. If it's not very flimsy and you can't see through it, replace it. The screen is opposite to the needle and seat so if gas can't get through the screen it's not gonna run right. If you have the proper adjusting tools you can open both needles clockwise and see if that helps. Most likely you gotta clean the carb really well.

Thanks for your help, its a Walbro, will try your suggestions, as you said might be easy to replace the carb.

Ifixdit

Threads
Thanks for your help, its a Walbro, will try your suggestions, as you said might be easy to replace the carb.

Ooops! I meant to say remove the fuel filter, not the air flilter, and blow through it. Also, adjusting the needles clockwise will reduce, not increase the fuel supply. Jeesh, musta been having a sr moment. Hopefully you are already well on your way to cleaning the carb and getting it back together again!

hosedagain

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ooops! I meant to say remove the fuel filter, not the air flilter, and blow through it. Also, adjusting the needles clockwise will reduce, not increase the fuel supply. Jeesh, musta been having a sr moment. Hopefully you are already well on your way to cleaning the carb and getting it back together again!

was going to be a weekend project, was wondering why the air filter?
no problem, have those moments every day...