Export thread

Goodbye Until Late April

2smoked

2smoked

Today I took out the 5024 for a final fall yard clean-up. It’s getting awfully cold around here and I envy you guys who can stiil cut grass. Nothing like the smell of 2 cycle exhaust on a crisp fall morning. Hopefully by late April I’ll get to enjoy this all over again.

Attachments

willys55

willys55

nighty night

Boobala

Boobala

WHAT !! are you tellin us you live in Wisconsin and you don't have a snow-blower ?? You must have a BIG shovel AND a strong back, unless you have a small property, in any case, you take care and stay warm, just remember, there's still a few good spots left right here in good ol sunny WARM Florida, ( HOT Florida is South of Central Florida ) ..:laughing:..:laughing:

steve c

steve c

I'm in Wi, too-but I'm still waiting for some leaves to drop before I can mulch them and retire my LB's for the season.

2smoked

2smoked

WHAT !! are you tellin us you live in Wisconsin and you don't have a snow-blower ?? You must have a BIG shovel AND a strong back, unless you have a small property, in any case, you take care and stay warm, just remember, there's still a few good spots left right here in good ol sunny WARM Florida, ( HOT Florida is South of Central Florida ) ..:laughing:..:laughing:

TA-DA !!! Just for you, Boobala.:cool:

Attachments

Boobala

Boobala

TA-DA !!! Just for you, Boobala.:cool:

OOOoooo I like THAT !! Just don't run over the kids Tonka toy that was left on the driveway ... :laughing:..:laughing:

J

jp1961

I've often heard the last cut of the year should be quite low, 1 1/2" or so, but does anybody know why?

Regards

Jeff

BlazNT

BlazNT

I have never really believed this. For me here in fescue grass, the perfect height is around 3 inches. In the spring I run it at 3 inches till just before the hot season. Then I slowly allow it to get to 4 inches(2 months) then during the end of the hot season I slowly go back down to 3 inches. The last mow for most will be a 2.5 to 2.75" cut to allow it to grow a little without looking bad.

C

ColeS

I live in Florida so I can mow all year long not that the grass grows that much in the winter but I just picked up the same mower as you the things is a tank someone gave it to me for free! But good bye.

steve c

steve c

Until this year, I always cut shorter when leaves started falling. Winds get rid of them faster. Now, I'm too lazy to adjust my mower height. I just mulch them.

T

Themplealke

Watching 5 inch snow and keep falling behind my window I so can relate. Snow mowing jut doesn't contribute to relaxing meditational thoughts:wink:

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

I would have mowed today but it's raining. In early spring I can see the various species of grass ( & weeds :laughing: ) clearly since some are growing well and others are still dormant.