Export thread

Going rate?

G

Gabi

What is the going rate for lawn mowing? I may just hire a service for the time or two I have left before winter and look into some mowers to purchase for spring. I may be able to find a decent one this fall.

K

KennyV

You should be able to catch someone in your neighborhood to knock out your acre or so for around $20 or less... :smile:KennyV

Ric

Ric

Wow $20 or less... :laughing: someone is dreaming.

T

Thunder

Don't laugh too hard Ric, depending on the size of the lawn, and the kid you ask, you may just get one heck of a bargain.

Ric

Ric

Don't laugh too hard Ric, depending on the size of the lawn, and the kid you ask, you may just get one heck of a bargain.

I believe Kenny said an acre and I believe Gabi said I may just hire a service. Most Lawn services charge a minimum of $20 a cut for a sub-division Lawn that doesn't take them 10 minutes to cut, what do you think they would charge for an acre. Lots of those Lawn Services that post on a forum call someone who cuts a lawn below $30 - $20 a lawn a "lowballer".

N

noma

Hay Gabi

Wow if you can find someone to mow a acre for $20.00 or less then i'm selling my mower, heck it cost me $ 8.00 alone for gas @ $2.68 a gallon i think it hold 3 gallon and there will be some left. If you find a deal like that get a contract signed for as many years you can and don't even think about buying a mower.:confused2:

Ric

Ric

Gabi

Sorry about getting away from the question. If you're looking for a licensed Lawn Care Company or Service to cut your acre of property I think you mite be able to find one who'll cut it for some where in the neighborhood of $60 to $80 a cut depending on what type of mower he cuts it with.

twocycletim

twocycletim

I own a lawn mowing serv, in N. Al. I have had a $30 min. for several yrs. if I estimate acreage I base it on $30 per acre unless theres an excessive amount of trees and such to trim around, then it would be more. When I estimate yard work I base it on $30 min $30 an hour :thumbsup:

G

Gabi

That's do-able, I think it makes more sense to just get a service for the fall and start looking at mowers to find one for the spring. I don't mind doing it, but I don't have time right now to buy one.

K

KennyV

Wow $20 or less... :laughing: someone is dreaming.

Ric...
Oh sometimes I even dream about mowing...
BUT like I said... "You should be able to catch someone in your neighborhood" ...

Not a mowing service.

but I am sure that if most any of us needed one or 2 mowings to finish the season, and we were without a mower, someone in your neighborhood would knock it out for 20 bucks or less...
I am not talking about someone coming over all season mowing and trimming your lawn, just ending this season until you have a mower.

I do dream but this is not one of them... :smile:KennyV

T

Twinkle

$20 is around ten pounds in English money I think. (I can't keep up with the exchange rate!) That would be a real bargain here. There are plenty of youngsters who would do the job but I am not sure how many have access to a mower apart from their family owned machine. Personally I would end up giving them more than that I think.

K

KennyV

Personally I would end up giving them more than that I think.

I likely would also... if I needed a mowing or two for some unexpected reason.

But I would also mow any of my neighbors lawns for free ... if it was a once or twice, fill in type of deal... And I'm sure there are many others here that would gladly help out if asked by their neighbor.
But then I love mowing and it would cost me a very little diesel and a short amount of time...

Again I am not talking about doing someones lawn all summer, nor am I referring to doing this as a contracted seasonal gig...
:smile:KennyV

twocycletim

twocycletim

Ric...
Oh sometimes I even dream about mowing...
BUT like I said... "You should be able to catch someone in your neighborhood" ...

Not a mowing service.

but I am sure that if most any of us needed one or 2 mowings to finish the season, and we were without a mower, someone in your neighborhood would knock it out for 20 bucks or less...
I am not talking about someone coming over all season mowing and trimming your lawn, just ending this season until you have a mower.

I do dream but this is not one of them... :smile:KennyV

You get what you pay for! The kid down the street for $20 might mow it, if he trims it it'll probably be a hack job, and probably won't be edged either. A professional will cut trim and edge and leave no mess behind!:thumbsup:

Ric

Ric

That's do-able, I think it makes more sense to just get a service for the fall and start looking at mowers to find one for the spring. I don't mind doing it, but I don't have time right now to buy one.

Gabi... Some advice if your thinking of getting a service, Do not sign any contracts and do not tell them it's only going to be just a couple of cuts because they will automatically jack up the price, it could almost double so be careful.

G

Gabi

Thanks, I asked my neighbor if he could recommend someone to mow it the last few times before the end of the season and he told me I could use his mower if I provided the gas and oil, sounds like a good deal to me.

K

KennyV

Good neighbors will always come through...
Plus this gives you a chance to get to know your neighbors better, I have friends that live in town that have no idea who their neighbors are... I can't really understand that. :smile:KennyV

G

Gabi

The one seems really nice, the other, I try to be nice and social but he just doesn't seem interested. He lives in a huge house and I suppose my little bungalow isn't to his standards, or that's how it seems to me.